Topshop New York “Cycle Style” Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1) These are the Official Rules for the Topshop New York “Cycle Style” Contest (the “Contest”) sponsored by Arcadia Group (USA) Limited doing business as Topshop (“Sponsor”). By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. The Contest begins on June 20th 2009 and ends on July 17th 2009 (“Contest Period”).
2) This Contest is open to residents of the United States only, except for employees of the Arcadia Group or Chictopia, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with this Contest. Entrants must be 16 years of age or older. If you are under 18 or the age of majority in your state of residence you must obtain consent from your parent/guardian to enter the Contest. By entering into the Contest you confirm that you have this consent.
3) To enter, you need to log onto www.chictopia.com. If you do not already have a Chictopia.com personal profile (“Profile”), you will need to create one. Once your Profile has been set up, you need to download a Qualifying Photo (as defined below) onto the Topshop webpage at www.chictopia.com (“Webpage”). The Contest will run in four stages (“Stage”). Stage 1 closes by 23:59:59 (EST) on [26th] June. Stage 2 closes by 23:59:59 (EST) on [3rd] July. Stage 3 closes by 23:59:59 (EST) on [10th] July. Stage 4 closes by 23:59:59 (EST) on [17th] July. Submission of a Qualifying Photo in a particular Stage in accordance with the Official Terms will be deemed to constitute entry to that Stage of the Contest (“Entry”). All Entries must be received by the relevant closing date or they will not be counted. A photo will be a “Qualifying Photo” if it depicts you on or with a bicycle, wearing your favourite cycle outfit. The decision as to whether a photo is a Qualifying Photo will be made by Chictopia, such decision to be final. Entries not containing Qualifying Photos will be discounted from the Contest.
4) Entries are limited to one per Profile. Late or corrupt Entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for Entries not submitted or not received due to a technical default. Entries must not be submitted through agencies or third parties. In the event of a dispute in connection with the identity of the individual who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Profile. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to a Profile by Chictopia.
5) All Qualifying Photos submitted must be either (a) your own work or (b) be submitted with the consent of their creator. For the avoidance of doubt, photos taken in-store by Nicky Digital at Topshop New York’s “Cycle Chic Photo Area” will be deemed to have the consent of their creator. Qualifying Photos must not have won a prize in any other similar Contest. It is your responsibility to ensure that any Qualifying Photos submitted (other than those taken in-store by Nicky Digital) do not infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or any laws.
6) There will be five (5) winners per Stage, twenty (20) winners in total. The top four (4) winning Entries in each Stage will be those Qualifying Photos which get the highest number of Chictopia user votes. The fifth winning entry in each Stage will be chosen by Sponsor as containing the most stylish cycle outfit. Sponsor reserves the right to choose the winners in its absolute discretion. The winners will be notified by Sponsor by phone within two weeks of the closing date. Sponsor’s decision will be final. There will only be twenty (20) winners.
7) There are twenty (20) prizes (the "Prizes"), each consisting of a bicycle (which will be delivered in a dismantled form and must be reassembled by the winner). PRIZES WILL NOT BE NEW and will have been used by Topshop customers as part of the Topshop “Bicycle Rental” scheme. Topshop will make every effort to ensure the Prizes are in a suitable condition but DOES NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for them being marked or damaged. Approximate total retail value (“ARV”) of the Prizes is $3,000. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. The winners will be responsible for all expenses not specified in the Prize description above.
8) The Prizes are non transferable, non refundable and non negotiable. There is no cash alternative. Income and other taxes, if any, on the value of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
9) Failure of the winner to claim his or her Prize when notified by telephone or within 48 hours of being notified by telephone that they are the winner or failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize, and the award of the Prize to a substitute drawing winner to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries at the end of the Contest Period. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize with an equivalent one of its choosing which has the same or greater value than the original Prize in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
10) Prizes will be delivered to winners within two weeks of winners claiming their Prize. Prizes will be delivered by Fed Ex.
11) If you are a winner of a Prize:
a) The receipt by you of the Prize is conditional upon you complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, these Official Rules;
b) You acknowledge and agree that neither Sponsor, nor Chictopia, nor any of their affiliated companies and promotional and advertising agencies, nor any of their respective employees, agents or subcontractors shall have any liability to you whatsoever in connection with your taking or use of the Prize, or involvement in any Prize-related travel or activity (to the fullest extent permitted by law); and
c) You acknowledge and agree that Sponsor makes no warranty, express or implied, regarding the Prize, and that Sponsor expressly disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12) By entering the Contest each winner (except where prohibited by law and where the winner is a resident of the state of Tennessee), grants permission for Sponsor to use their name, address (city and state/province) and/or likeness for trade purposes without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
13) By entering the Contest you agree that the data submitted by you can be used by Sponsor to contact you via email for permission to communicate with you thereafter. We will not share your details with third parties for marketing purposes. For more information on our privacy policies, please visit www.topshop.com.
14) Sponsor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into relating to the result of the Contest. You can request a winner’s list for 6 months after the drawing date by sending a SAE to Topshop Marketing, Colegrave House, 70 Berners Street, London W1T 3NL. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage. Sponsor reserves the right to (i) cancel or suspend this promotion and (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry or, where reasonable, any individual winning the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at its sole discretion at any time and will use reasonable endeavours to notify material changes to entrants and potential entrants. In the event the Contest is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right, but has no obligation, to award the Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination.
15) These Official Rules are subject to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations. Any dispute arising out of this Contest shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in the City of New York.
16) Sponsor: Arcadia Group (USA) Limited doing business as Topshop registered no. 6404527. Registered office: Colegrave House, 70 Berners Street, London, W1T 3NL.