Sometimes we forget that Valentine’s Day is really about love, not lovers. Calling it “Singles Awareness Day” is hardly a heart-healthy way to celebrate, so take our advice to heart and find a new way to spend the holiday -- after all, being single is fabulous!
1. Treat yourself. Shoutout to all the girls who pay their own bills! Pamper yourself with spa time, retail therapy and some much-needed “me” time. Take notes from our inspiration gallery and go on a shopping spree! Relish in the freedom of being able to make whatever plans you want and let v-day be all about doing the things that make you the happiest.
2. Girls Night Out. What better way to share the love with your single girlfriends than to go out for a fun Friday night?! Tons of local bars, clubs and venues should be hosting events so take this as an opportunity to channel your inner Beyonce and look #flawless (here’s how), get your flirt on with some fellow cute singles, and dance the night away.
3. Indulge in a V-Day Feast. Gather a group of friends and invite them over for a potluck and wine night. Treat it like a party and get dressed up! Then, showcase your cooking skills and dish out on good food and good vibes. The sweetest part of the night? Dessert time!
4. Take a day trip. Get away from all the couples action, put on a comfortable outfit and enjoy some quality time outdoors. Some great and easy ideas would be to hit the beach, take a nature hike, or drive somewhere and have a nice picnic. In short, treat the day like any other and take a well-deserved break that’ll leave you refreshed for the week ahead.
5. Share the Love. Last, but certainly not least, remember that you’re not the only one who might be spending Valentine’s Day alone. Give all your loved ones a call, spend the day with family, treat it as a celebration of your best and closest friends…even put in some extra cuddle time with your pet! Share the love and you’re guaranteed to get lots of love in return.
How do you plan on spending this Valentine’s Day? Share your ideas in the comments below!
Original photo courtesy of OctoberRebel.