I approached the various strands of rope gingerly, and while I spent much of the first day staring hypnotically, in what can only be referred to as a highly suggestive state of uber-confusion, I finally put the rope overlay under enemy control.
I figured it would be a pragmatic undertaking, you know, some sort of therapeutic magic potion to lousy days. But all that insatiable weaving, knotting, tying, looping, and wrapping was seriously blowing my mind. After three weeks of (literally) getting caught up and tousled in something that ultimately looked like nothing, I was beginning to have my doubts.
But in the end, the DIY project from hell was a veritable triumph as I kicked its sweet little nautical ass into the alpha dog of my closet.
Visit me here: http://vintagelollipops.blogspot.com