I get a lot of requests to do business casual. Let it be known, I’m not 100% aware of all the business casual rules, but here at Chictopia we try our best.
Al suffers from typical corporate routine. Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, finding an Asian man dressed in a striped shirt and square toe shoes is like finding… an Asian man. Not such a rare thing you see.
Let’s just say, I’ve had more than a few experiences where the only difference between the “square toe striped shirt” man at work and the “square toe striped shirt” man at play is a bottle of Amstel Light. shudder
Here are a few simple suggestions to help break you of your standard corporate/ business casual routine.
- slim fit trousers
- subtle pattern mixing
- playing with neutral shades of black, gray, white
- round wing tips
- consider a wider neckline for bigger fellows (Al is 6’3")
- saggy crotch trousers
- Express for men striped shirt
- square toe
- generic silver belt buckle
- white undershirt visible through sleeves of Express for men striped shirt