From work to post-work workouts, pants usually have got us covered in all aspects of our lives (thanks pants!). But not all pants are created equal, and for this fall, we’ve taken a liking to a number of new styles that have appeared on the runways and now in the glossies that grace our desks. That mean’s that, right now, John Jannuzzi infamous hashtag, #pantsarecomplicated, seems more relevant than ever – where do we even begin (getting dressed)? Well, ahead we break down five pant styles that’ll put the question “Who wears the pants?” to rest forever. We do – all five of them. Complicated? On the contrary.
1. The Leather Lounge Pants. Leather goes a long way, and in the last few years we’ve become real close and comfortable with not just out leather jackets and shoes, but skirts and tops too. Come fall, we should be seeing leather take on a whole new shape as lounge pants. Instant cool girl status definitely included.
2. The Paneled Pants. While we love the novelty fashion brings al the time, we also can’t help but love a modern day take on a classic. Spiced up with a bit of sporty, paneled trousers usually featuring stripes on the sides, are just that. Sleek yet athletic, work-apro but work out-inspired, we think paneled pants are the perfect way to bring your A-game to wherever you jaunt this fall.
3. The Cropped Wide Leg Pants. Called culottes sometimes depending on exactly how short they are, cropped wide leg pants are a complete newbie to the fall pant crew. Though the proportions are admittedly a little hard to manage, we’re eager to give this new silhouette a spin when fall’s chills usher us into F/W, as the designers call it.
4. The Harem Pants. We absolutely say no to drop crotches dangling right above the floor…and that’s why we’re so excited to have harem pants back with just a slight exaggeration at the crotch. Not only they will be able to last us through seasons, but we’re betting that the dropped crotch plus some flowy fabric will make them miles more comfortable than the aforementioned leather lounge pants.
5. The Ankle Zip Pants. A new kind of cool, ankle zip pants feature a zipper at the side or on occasion the front of the pants. We don’t know about you, but we have tons of statement heels just begging to do all the talking, and I can’t think of a better way to let them than to wear them with pants that put them front and center.