It felt really good to get my sewing machine out for the first time in months and make something! This cape coat DIY has been on my to-do list for ages now. I thrifted this red corduroy coat the other day for $8 (then found $7 worth of coins in the pockets, so the coat basically paid for itself!) then took to it with some scissors, cutting up the arms and attaching them to the body of the coat before cutting the whole thing to this cape-sized length. It’s basically the easiest DIY you will ever do (and hopefully I can put some instructions up soon!) I got all these free men’s coats from the side of the road the other day – a church was giving away a whole heap of clothing and oh boy it was exciting. I took everything that looked like it could be even a little bit useful. But anyway, I’ve got a whole lot of coats that I’m planning on turning into little cape coats now!
More pictures and more good stuff on my blog!