My True Life episode would be “I’m in love with my onesies”. (Life is hard.) In fashion though, trends get old fast. Seriously, all the neon I wore back in the day feels last, last year.
If you’re like me, you hold on to the pieces that you love— trendy or not. Instead of throwing my rompers away with my collars and double neon outfits, I choose to make them new again (and so should you). With the onesie, it’s totally possible to make it exciting and interesting again simply by re-styling it.
Some ideas on how to make your old romper new again:
1. Layer. If you’ve got a tube top or short sleeved romper, wear a t-shirt or blouse underneath with tights or interesting socks. It’ll create a completely new, uncommon outfit that has your added personal touch.
2. Add some hardware. A body chain, harness, or cool belt will make your boring ol’ romper look on-trend for spring’s forecasting.
3. Change the focal point. Got some badass shoes, sweet bag or a cool new hat? Make those the statement pieces and the romper can be left alone as a background piece. Rompers are like the new basics anyway.
4. Layer over. Kind of going back to tip #1— try wearing your sweater, jacket, biker vest, or t-shirt over your romper. How you re-worked your romper and made yourself a new pair of shorts or pants can be your own little secret.
5. Just DIY it. Get inspired by bloggers like Annika Victoria and get all Project Runway on your old romper by adding some cut outs, a new neckline, bows, or whatever it is you’re feeling this season.
If you want more style tips, check out the Romper Gallery. Happy styling!