Photography: Ichiro Taniguchi (ModalSoul Photo)
Makeup: Danielle Lewy
Oh my goth!
A few weeks ago, we created a winter-worthy outfit incorporating our favourite upcoming trends for the chilly season. We all know Baroque will be on like donkey kong this winter, but we’re looking forward to modernising our dramatic look with Gothic and Sci Fi elements such as these crazy cat-eye sunglasses by Quay Eyewear and some black lipstick.
All three of these generes are pretty dramatic and can leave you looking a little on the cray side of life if you’re not careful. To help you rock this potentially extreme trend, we’ve come up with a few things to keep you looking chic yet oh so subtle.
1. Black lipstick looks cool until it is smudged. Then it looks like a pen exploded inside your mouth.
2. Avoid layering. Instead, wear a sleek bodycon dress with chunky, metal (preferably gold) accessories.
3. High necklines and big earrings are the bomb.
4. Try tapestry prints (Dolce & Gabbana recently did some to-die-for booties in a tapestry look).
5. The animal print trend that’s coming in for Autumn 2013 will easily work with winter’s Baroque look so don’t be afraid to wear prints that combine the two looks. In fact, we sneakily added in a bit of animal print on Monique’s nails (see our trend-spotter post for more deets on Autumn’s animal trend).
Would you sneakypeek this look? Here’s how we styled it.