As summer fades away, we’ve reluctantly shelved our sea salt spray to begin exploring fresh hairstyles for autumn. Taking cues from the Fall 2012 runways, we’ve created a hybrid of wearable styles for the upcoming season! So dust off that box of bobby pins, grab the pomade and get ready to twist those tresses!
- Select two small sections of hair for the twist.
- Run a texturizing pomade such as Pureology’s Texture Twist from root to end of the selected sections.
- Twist each piece individually in the opposite direction and wrap them around one another, finishing at the end of the hair shaft.
- No need for an elastic band — secure the ends by holding the longest strand and pushing the excesses pieces upward into the twist. Your temporary dread will act as a faux elastic!
For this coiled bun we’ve taken the slicked-back low ponytails (à la Anna Sui) and added a Fendi twist.
- Prep hair with a dime-sized dolup of smoothing serum to minimize fly-aways.
- Create a severe part and tightly gather hair into a clear elastic at the nape of the neck.
- Gently pull the elastic downward, almost to the end of the ponytail.
- On the underside of the ponytail create an opening and loop the elastic end through, similar to the 90s topsy tail style.
- Continue looping until the twist have coiled at the nape of the neck.
- Finish by hiding the excess hair and securing the coils with hair-colored bobby pins!
No need for precision in masking those pesky bobby pins this season. Instead, buy pins opposite your hair color and take SUNO’s undone updo for a spin!
- Start by twisting each side down toward the nape of the neck.
- Pin haphazardly to secure the twists and create the exposed pin effect.
- Once the sides are complete, finish by pinning small loops and twists of the remaining hair into a low bun.
- And remember, no need to be ashamed of flaunting those pins!