I’m super glued to my iPhone. But unlike a lot of people who suffer from the same complex, I’m completely unapologetic about it. And I’m sure a lot of us are like this – we live in a fast paced, unorganized world, but at the end of our arms is a place where everything important for us can reside together. That is, if you have all of them. If you don’t have an app that features a GPS that talks to you, a to-do list app that syncs with your computer, and a number of good shopping apps, I highly recommend you find some good wi-fi and download these 12 must-have apps for the stylish energizer bunny you are.
(1) TeuxDeux. Between blogging, photography, work, a dog, and a social life, I bet you have a lot to do. If you’re like me, you have 3 to-do lists going at any given time, just because you can’t always seem to have a single one on you. Teux Deux eliminates this problem. The website and app have the a very similar clean and easy to use interface. Add things to your Teux Deux list for today or any day of you life. If you don’t finish it today, it moves to tomorrow. If “Dye black dress” is a to-do for someday soon, there’s a “Someday” category to. The best part? The “Sync” button on the top right corner, so your list on your web-based account and your list on your phone are always the same.
(2) My Habit, (3) Gilt Groupe, and (4) HauteLook. Popular website destinations for what they call “Aspirational shoppers,” these websites’ apps make snagging that Botkier bag for a third of the price at 9am sharp that much easier. Money, prepare to be spent.
(5) HopStop. The thing about girls on the go is…well, they’re always up to something or another, always on foot, and perhaps on BART. HopSpot is directions for dummies, and almost doesn’t allow you to take a single step without telling you where you should be going. It’s only available in select, metropolitan cities, but the fact that it covers New York City during Fashion Week is really all you need.
(6) Snapette. You know when you see something so cool while shopping you just want to turn to the person next to you and exclaim “How cute is this?!” while holding it? Sometimes, that second person isn’t there, and all you can do is hold your peace. And sometimes, you have Snapette, an app where you can photograph those finds and share their locations and prices, garner followers, or even follow some of your favorite brands. It’s a sort of like Instagram, but exclusively for your fashion finds. If it sounds esoteric…well, it might be. But it’s fun.
(7) Instagram. Since we mentioned Instagram, we might as well really mention Instagram. The smart phone photography app is both social and visual, and it’s a must-have if you have a iPhone or Andriod period.
(8) Picfx and (9) PicStitch. Supplements to Instagram, Picfx and PicStitch can really enhance any photos you take. Picfx offers seemingly a million different ways to dress your photo up with effects, including those cute lens flares that all well-known bloggers use, but will never share. PicStitch is an excellent way to mend your photos together.
(10) Waze. So we talked about how to get around via public transportation, but what about rental car? Nevermind the GPS rental and forget Google maps – Waze provides an actual GPS system in your phone that talks to you and re-routes when needed. You can also report accidents and police to fellow Wazers, and at the same time, you’ll be notified of these should someone else report them. The word “lifesaver” comes to mind.
(12) Uber. Beat the taxi rush at New York Fashion Week…or in any major city. Uber will bring you a town car with just a few touches. Though it is a bit more expensive than a taxi, the convenience is worth it.