Familiar face everyone? Yes, Karla, one of our beloved style icons on Chictopia is here to showcase what she’s wearing this NYE, and her style tips for Chictopians.
What Iâ€™d Wear On New Years Eve
I believe I spent last New Years Eve learning to play pool, making everyone uniquely flavored drinks (I was the designated driver), and laughing at random stupidities- all while sporting a fur coat, acid wash jeans, and some black platforms. Clearly it was nothing super fabulous, and because Iâ€™m such a â€œletâ€™s just hang out with our closest friendsâ€ kind of girl, it was sort of a challenge to stir up a two fabulous party-ish New Years ensembles. Originally I had planned to take photos of myself with pieces I already own, but given the fact that Iâ€™ve been wholeheartedly entertained with Polyvore for the past hour or so, I decided to create two looks with my totally imaginary closet.
The Formal Party Look
If I were to be invited to some magical New Years Eve party in the city, Iâ€™d probably wear something along these lines:
1. Black evening dress- Because A) I love black and B) because itâ€™s always elegant and always timeless.
2. Some sort of mask- I think theyâ€™re so cool and I love the idea of having my identity concealed for one whole night. A formal New Years Eve party would be the perfect occasion to wear one. Well, I guess you could wear one on Halloween also.
3. Pale tights- Skipping the black opaques, just to kick it up a notch.
4. Pretty black platforms- Something that would complement my dress, but not so meticulously designed that theyâ€™d take away from my dress. If that makes any sense.
5. Bold oversized clutch- I prefer oversized ones versus dainty ones because they add a more casual feel to an overly dressy look. Iâ€™d pick a bright blue or something, just to keep the outfit from looking too monotone.
The House Party Look
House parties are usually much more relaxed and mostly everyone dons a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. This year Iâ€™ve been really into overdressing, so pardon me for creating a very non-house party look.
1. Black body-con dress- Something sensual, something salacious, something for the boyfriend.
2. Parka- I love how a bulky parka takes away the â€œskankâ€ factor and adds a cool masculinity effect. Random, but, Iâ€™ve never quite understood why some girls rather freeze just to look sexy (or so they think) than wear a coat.
3. Opaque tights- Because itâ€™s cold outside. Even though I highly doubt a pair of tights will keep me warm. Oh and because I have really white legs in December.
4. Brightly colored heels- Just because Iâ€™m a fun girl.
5. Embellished clutch- Itâ€™s the perfect accessory for this look.
Have a good New Years Eve everyone!