Familiar face everyone? Yes, Karla, one of our beloved style icons on Chictopia is here to showcase what she’s wearing this NYE, and her style tips for Chictopians.
What I’d Wear On New Years Eve
I believe I spent last New Years Eve learning to play pool, making everyone uniquely flavored drinks (I was the designated driver), and laughing at random stupidities- all while sporting a fur coat, acid wash jeans, and some black platforms. Clearly it was nothing super fabulous, and because I’m such a “let’s just hang out with our closest friends” kind of girl, it was sort of a challenge to stir up a two fabulous party-ish New Years ensembles. Originally I had planned to take photos of myself with pieces I already own, but given the fact that I’ve been wholeheartedly entertained with Polyvore for the past hour or so, I decided to create two looks with my totally imaginary closet.
The Formal Party Look
If I were to be invited to some magical New Years Eve party in the city, I’d probably wear something along these lines:
1. Black evening dress- Because A) I love black and B) because it’s always elegant and always timeless.
2. Some sort of mask- I think they’re so cool and I love the idea of having my identity concealed for one whole night. A formal New Years Eve party would be the perfect occasion to wear one. Well, I guess you could wear one on Halloween also.
3. Pale tights- Skipping the black opaques, just to kick it up a notch.
4. Pretty black platforms- Something that would complement my dress, but not so meticulously designed that they’d take away from my dress. If that makes any sense.
5. Bold oversized clutch- I prefer oversized ones versus dainty ones because they add a more casual feel to an overly dressy look. I’d pick a bright blue or something, just to keep the outfit from looking too monotone.
The House Party Look
House parties are usually much more relaxed and mostly everyone dons a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. This year I’ve been really into overdressing, so pardon me for creating a very non-house party look.
1. Black body-con dress- Something sensual, something salacious, something for the boyfriend.
2. Parka- I love how a bulky parka takes away the “skank” factor and adds a cool masculinity effect. Random, but, I’ve never quite understood why some girls rather freeze just to look sexy (or so they think) than wear a coat.
3. Opaque tights- Because it’s cold outside. Even though I highly doubt a pair of tights will keep me warm. Oh and because I have really white legs in December.
4. Brightly colored heels- Just because I’m a fun girl.
5. Embellished clutch- It’s the perfect accessory for this look.
Have a good New Years Eve everyone!