Sitting in the third row of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week’s Stage, I was excited to see what would come from backstage and strut out onto the U-shaped runway at Rebecca Taylor Spring/Summer 2012. The runway was lit and upbeat instrumental music blasted from the speakers. The collection was filled with pale Spring-friendly colors like neon yellows and beige juxtaposed with navy blues and black.
KEY STYLES AND ACCESSORIES
1. Long strands of beads worn like sashes across body adorned models, an easy do-it-at-home catwalk to sidewalk look.
2. Pale pink bags in patent leather kept the looks ladylike.
3. Rain jackets and parkas in bright blue work for light outerwear in the rainy Spring months.
4. Large sequins harkened back to Prada’s Fall 2011 collection but in a more wearable and toned down style.
1. The bright lime green seems to be a running trend so far during MBFW. Paired with the large colorful floral on black sleeveless blouse, the look was chic !
2. The floaty dress is a Spring essential and with the fashion forward large-sequined top, Spring layering is taken to new heights!
3. The stained glass-esque style lace gives Spring lace a fresh new look with cornflower blue and navy mixed. Wear like-colors next Spring for an on-trend look!
4. The mixed materials bag and brightly colored sandals gave this all white look bold look. The crocheted sweater warms up light Spring pieces!
REBECCA TAYLOR SPRING/SUMMER 2012
Overall the collection was perfect for Spring, keeping with the classic essentials but twisting them a bit. The makeup and hair helped to give the entire show a more unconventional and fashion forward look with slicked back hair, which guest, Bhoranie Seide said she loved. On the makeup side, pale blue eyeshadow and orange creamsicle colored lips gave an alienesque look to the models.
Going backstage afterwards was fabulous mayhem! It was amazing to see the photos of all the models in walking order on a poster board backstage. Sorry to Whitney Port from MTV’s The Hills & The City for blocking your way, haha. (Loved her necklace though!) Along with Whitney, front row guests included Christina Ricci, Ashley Tisdale, and Kelly Framel of The Glamourai.
Thanks for reading!
Everybody Is Ugly by Iris & Daniel
Follow EIU on twitter for more MBFW news! @everybodyisugly
All runway shots from Style.com:http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2012RTW-RTAYLOR
Backstage photos by Iris
Front row photos courtesy of Rebecca Taylor