Please check out all the photos of this outfit here!
Five random thoughts:
1. I bought this jacket over a month ago, and I’ve tried it on with basically every single outfit, but this is the first time it really felt right. To be honest I had almost given up hope of ever wearing it – I only tried it on out of habit, that’s just what I do nowadays before I put on the jacket or blazer I’m actually going to wear. And it finally worked! I had no idea all it needed was a little bit of grunge.
2. I own two pairs of faux leather shorts. These weird, brown ones, and a pair in black (worn here and here). Except for the material they’re quite different from each other – high waist/low waist, brown/black, bought in different cities with five (!) years in between – but they do have a couple of things in common, as well: they are both from the Swedish budget chain Gina Tricot, and I’m apparently one of the very few people who thought they’re fun enough to spend money on. Not that much money, though, since they were both on sale for 49 SEK (around 7 USD/5 EUR).
I very rarely find anything at all at Gina Tricot, but these shorts, I don’t know… it’s like, I enter the store and there they are, huge piles of leather-ish ugliness, meant to be sold for eight times the price. (Okay, I’m terrible at maths, but something like that.) And noone wants them. People might even take a look at them and laugh_. How sad is that? They can’t help that they’re ugly! So, well, I had to rescue them. First the black pair, five years ago, and now these brown ones. Because they are huuuuman and they neeeeed to be loooved, just like everybody else doesWSo! Alright, maybe not human, but we can’t be entirely sure clothes don’t have feelings.
3. Hmm. The camel toe effect of these shorts is not a hundred percent flattering. In their defense, it didn’t look like that before I added a whole lot of contrast in Photoshop. But hey, I am a woman, and if that shows – fine by me.
4. In my opinion, tights and stockings that are already ripped is a splendid idea. It’s not like I’m not going to tear them anyway, why not make a point out of it? Plus, I thought it was kind of sexy to get a package sent home with ripped stockings inside. I felt a bit like a dirty old man buying used lingerie for kicks. What could be more sexy than that? (Please insert smiley here if you need to.)
5. I definitely should stop writing right now. I’m so tired I guess you could say I’m about 40% asleep, which means that the stuff I write is way too similar to those conversations you sometimes have with people when you answer the phone while sleeping and have absolutely no recollection of when you finally wake up.