From celebrity birthday gifting to Princess Diana being alive, we’re covering some of the best ugly gossip out there! Here’s this week’s Ugly Gossip featuring the good, the bad, and the (really) UGLY!
10. Princess Diana is Alive and on Newsweek Newsweek dedicated this whole week covering news of Princess Diana – if she were here and alive. In fact, the magazine went as far to making a fake Twitter and Facebook for the late princess with updates like “Sitting with Beckhams front-row at Burberry. Love the shoes!” But what’s really far-fetched is the bad photoshopping of Princess Diana at 50 years old and standing next to Kate Middleton. Yikes.
09. Nivea Gets Sued for Making False Claims Nivea is being sued for a whopping $900.000 for making false claims on the beauty product, My Silhouette Cream, which contains ingredients that will make you skinnier. when applied on. Fine and dandy, but there are a lot of products out there that make the same claim. We’re just debating whether or not this is just as bad or worse than photoshopping ads.
08. This Shampoo Will Make You Fat
We’ve heard of leggings that make you fat but we’re even more surprised that some shampoos may actually make us fat according to new research. Turns out some of the ingredients in common shampoos mess with our hormones and in result may cause weight gain. Maybe we should opt for some dry shampoo instead?
07. High Fashion Fashion Ads Featuring… A Smurfette?
In case you missed it, Tuesday, Everybody Is Uglytweeted the classy BAZAAR editorial featuring the very blue Smurfette modeling some very, very high-end brands (think Lanvin, Marc Jacobs, and Louis Vuitton). Turns out the campaign is to promote the upcoming movie, The Smurfs, that will be released later this July 29th.
06. Kelly Osbourne Looks Unrecognizable in Material Girl Line!
We are so digging Lourdes Leon’s line, Material Girl, and we’re so glad that she chose Kelly Osbourne as the clothing line’s spokesgirl! We didn’t think Kelly would pull it off, but seeing is certainly believing. She actually looks unrecognizable due to a thinner figure. But she’s looking all kinds of chic while rocking the fall line’s funky prints and dresses!
05. Study: European Women Don’t Mind Looking Their Age
A recent study published earlier this week revealed a few astonishing facts that may surprise us Americans. While us Americans are obsessed at looking younger than our age, Europeans don’t mind looking their age. In fact, they rate qualities like confidence, skin, and even personality more important than looking younger. Finally, a step more into ageless beauty.
04. Model Kid Cries on Runway During Men’s Week
If you’re thinking this kid is crying tears of joy, think again. From the video, it looks like the kid didn’t even want to walk the runway along his emotionless partner during Men’s Fashion Week. Sure it may be unprofessional, but we applaud this young model for keeping fashion real to the fullest.
03. Beyonce Gives Solange 25 Pairs of Shoes for Birthday!
Oh how we wish that Beyonce was also our sister! Lucky sister Solange turns 25 this week and got gifted 25 pairs of shoes. And they’re not just any shoes – they’re all designer shoes. What a great way to celebrate each year that Solange’s alive!
02. Introducing the ‘Ballet’ Louboutins
Compared to Mcqueen’s 10" Armadillo heels, these eight inch Louboutin stilettos sound like nothing. But, if you took a look at these ballet inspired Louboutins_ you might think otherwise. These shoes that will literally keep you on your toes all day are being auctioned off to raise money for the English National Ballet. Wonder if Lady Gaga would want to snag a pair?
01. 365 Layers of Makeup, 1 Woman, 1 Day
Dutch directors Lernert and Sander wanted to find out what a woman would look like with 365 layers of makeup in one sitting (technically, nine hours of sitting). The makeup artists ended up using seven bottles of foundation, three lip glosses, two bottles of eye shadow, and two bottles of blush on the model! Well, at least you now know how many makeup products you should ever buy in a year. Watch the video here.