Summertime and the living is easy… Could there be a more appropriate line to perfectly encapsulate the carefree, untroubled days that fall between June and early September? Probably not.
And what summer is more ever-present in our mind than that free spirited summer of love? Channel your inner flower child by donning a crown of flora. And in the true spirit of the bohemian, just stick with the motto of ‘do it yourself’.
Flower Child Halo: Step-by-Step
1. Start by wrapping wire around your head to get an appropriate size. I wrapped the wire three to four times to ensure it was sturdy enough to hold up the flowers.
2. Place the flowers along the wire. This part is entirely at your discretion. So I can’t offer much more guidance than, be creative! I will suggest using fresh flowers though. Yes, there will be a fast approaching expiration on your flora/fauna halo, but the fragrance of fresh flowers is something to be rivaled. Lavenders are one of my favorite to work with.
3. You can use the thread at this point to ensure the flowers don’t fall off of your crown. If you don’t have thread, the extra wire will also work. The only downfall is that the wire won’t be as discreet.
4. Optional: Use silk ribbon to add extra adornment to your crown.
5. Wear with carefree abandon!
This way of course, takes some planning and work. For an even more of a nonchalant vibe, you can stick to good ol’fashioned daisy chains. Although, the expiration on this is even shorter. Regardless, you’ll look like a summer flower child in no time!
And if you aren’t entirely sure you can pull off this look in real life, take inspiration and courage from some lovely chictopians who make summer look good!
by Grace Gulley
Image via Bridalmusings