09. Designer Bags Are Just Fabrics Sewn Together
When we purchase high-end designer bags, we often forget that they are just fragmented pieces of fabric sewn together. Click here to see the famous ‘Kelly’ bag by high-end label, Hermes, deconstructed for your viewing pleasure. It kind of makes you appreciate the aesthetic of the bag a bit more, doesn’t it?
08. Net-A-Porter Stalks Your Purchases
Net-a-Porter.com, known for selling high-end designer brands, will probably be now known for stalking their customers. Turns out that viewers can see what customers just bought in live time from regions all over the world. Creepy yet entertaining at the same time. Try Net-a-Porter’s World View yourself, and report back here what countries are buying what!
07. Hair Feather Trend Affects Fishermen
The hair feather trend is rapidly increasing, but its supply is not. The trend is so in right now that the supply for rooster feathers (the ones that go into the making of hair feather extensions) have diminished greatly. It’s been widely known in the fishing industry that rooster feathers are hooked onto the bait to catch fish. Now, fishermen are complaining that the fad has affected the sport greatly. We’re all for hair feathers, but why not do them yourself or get some affordable faux feathers instead? It’s animal cruelty-free and won’t a burn a whole in your pocket!
06. Americans Love ‘Classic’ Bras and ‘Granny’ Undies A national poll was given to American women on their preferences of bras and underwear. While push-up bras and thongs were among some of the women’s favourites, the overall choice were classic t-shirt bras and granny underwear due to their simplicity and comfortableness. Hmm, what do these choices say about American women? (Psst, you can find out from Everybody Is Ugly’s exclusive guide on what yourbra and underwear say about you!)
05. Clinique Releases ‘Waterproof’ Eyeshadow
Applying eyeshadow primer can be a hassle, so thanks to the fragrance-free brand, Clinique, you will be seeing a whole line of waterproof eyeshadows. They claim to last up to 8 hours and are water-resistant. Want to get your hands on these babies? You beauty junkies will have to wait till August to get yours.
04. Mannequins In Stores Get Makeovers
More stores are now changing the way mannequins pose in order to attract customers. It seems that if the mannequins are in weird poses, it helps customers relate to them and would want to buy the store’s clothes. Wait, how do they explain Forever 21 crouching poses?
03. WTForever21.com Gets Into [More] Trouble
Oh, weird mannequin poses are the least of their worries since Forever 21 is actually taking legal action to sue the owner of WTForever21.com for defaming the brand. If you haven’t visited WTForever21.com, the blog talks about the blogger’s likes and dislikes (mostly dislikes) of Forever 21’s products. If you have a sense of humour, please do pay a visit to the gal’s blog before Forever 21 really shuts the site down for good.
02. Gaga’s Meat Transformed Into Jerky Everybody Is Uglytweeted you guys Lady Gaga’s before and after ‘meat’ dress to show you what it looks like today. But, did you know that her (in)famous ‘meat’ dress is now jerkified? Yes, that gunk of fresh meat from last year’s MTV VMAs has now turned into (inedible) beef jerky – but for a good reason. It’s now being displayed at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame museum in Cleveland.
01. This Bra Makes Your Breasts Supple
Everybody knows that when you apply aloe vera to the skin, it becomes more supple and soft. But, would you apply it directly to you bosom? Maybe not. But, with the help of this bra filled with aloe vera micro beads, your bosom can stay soft and well-put without any mess. The company claims that the fabric in the bra contains aloe vera so when your skin (bosom in this case) rubs against it, the aloe vera will go onto your skin. This actually sounds better than those caffeinated leggings.