Here’s this week’s fashion gossip and other news. The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY!
10. Rachel Zoe Tweets Her Baby’s Pic: Rachel Zoe has her baby boy and tweets the first ever photo of Skyler Morrison! So cute.
9. Gossip Girl’s Penn Badley Models for H&M: Lonely Boy Dan modeled for H&M’s Fashion Against Aids. I’m suddenly not so annoyed by his boring and repetitive character on the show.
8. Victoria’s Secret Angel “Shockingly” Thin?: Victoria’s Secret angel Candice Swanepoel was accused all over the interwebs of looking “shockingly thin” in a recent photoshoot. The first pictures I saw on The Cut didn’t look too bad, but these ones look just a tad bit like thighs wide open all the time for this angel. In response, she has said that she’s “healthy and happy” so let’s take her word for it. I dunno though—thoughts?
7. Anna Wintour is a fan of Nicki Minaj: The Vogue Editor-in-Chief seems to be loosening up if she’s asking Nicki Minaj to be guest performing on behalf of Vogue. Anna Wintour apparently asked Minaj herself. If she makes the cover, that’ll be an even bigger feat. Let’s not count on it though.
6. Dior Will Not Announce Who Is Replacing John Galliano…Yet: People in fashion are always hungry for the latest designs and news updates…but this time they’re going to have to wait to find out who will be replacing Galliano at Dior because it’s not going to be announced for quite a while.
5. Lady Gaga is Now a Columnist for V Magazine: This woman is 1. amazing and 2. makes the rest of us feel incredibly behind in our careers. V magazine is a high editorial and high fashion magazine and I think she’s perfect to take on the role as columnist. I can’t wait to read what she has to say and to see her journalistic skills! Her first column will be out in May.
4. The Style Rookie Tavi Gevinson Might Be Over Fashion: Okay, well the StyleRookie isn’t over fashion, but she’s definitely not happy about the current industry and the state of its “highschooliness”. This week Tavi wrote a post about her experience sitting next to Anna Wintour at Fashion Week and how the hype and cliquey-ness of the industry has caused her to question her passion. I loved her post, and I think it’s a must read for all bloggers!
3. The American Apparel lawsuit drama turns into a dirty smear campaign: The American Apparel CEO Dov Charney seemed like the definition of creeper and sexual assault—no wait, still a creeper—but it turns out that the young women who filed over $250 million lawsuits against him could be money hungry and just looking to milk more from their sugar daddy. Irene Morales’ partially nude photos and emails asking Dov to give her money surfaced, and there were very NSFW blogspots (find them if you dare) showing incriminating photos of both Morales and Kimbra Lo, with photos with writing implying that these girls lied.
What you need to know:
1. They wore all American Apparel to their TV appearances. If they disliked Dov and American Apparel so much, why were they head to toe in American Apparel garments? Seems pretty fishy. Or they’re receiving awful advice.
2. The girls have the same lawyer who, by the way, kinda creeps me out himself.
3. The emails, sexts, and photos are enough evidence for me, at least, to know that at least Morales was looking for money.
4. Dov Charney has many issues with sexual harassment in the past, openly calling girls “sluts”. If you haven’t read the his interview in Jane magazine, you may want to for some background on how he got his bad reputation.
5. Still, WHO is giving out all this info for the smear campaign? Someone is obviously tipping info about these girls to make them look bad, telling people that Lo is Purple Editor Zahm’s ex-girlfriend—this is the saddest smear campaign ever.
While many thought the girls’ cases were valid and that Dov was indeed getting what he deserved, it’s now possible that they are doing this whole thing to take down Dov Charney, American Apparel, and earn over $250 million. Is it really a fight for justice or is it a “take down the sugar daddy” situation?
2. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are “adorably” racist: The twins that you adore for their fashion presence have a career dent found way back in their cutesy, Full House days— Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen in “adorably” (seriously, racism is adorable?) racist movie clip.
1. Twin Babies Arguing Video: Now these twins, on the other hand—these twins are adorable.