Hallie of HallieDaily is one of our Style Icons this March. For months, I’ve been eyeing on this lovely Chictopian and I knew it was only time until she got the title of a Chictopia Style Icon! This mom has got some serious sense of style. So we decided to ask her a few questions to let us in on her styling secrets! Let’s find out more about her, shall we?
Blog name: Hallie Daily
Twitter: No, I haven’t opened a Twitter account or started tweeting.
Facebook: No again, I have a Facebook account, but I haven’t done anything there. All my available time is spent on Halliedaily.com. (Do I sound like an alien now?)
Location: California, USA
1. ”Inspiration comes of working every day” – Charles Baudelaire
2. ”whatever you are, be a good one” – Abraham Lincoln
3. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are” – Theodore Roosevelt
4. “Tell me what company you keep and I’ll tell you what you are” – Miguel de Cervantes
5. “Don’t aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.” – David Frost
1. You’re one of the latest Chictopia Style Icons for the month of March. What was your first reaction when you found out about it?
Well, want the truth? Actually, I was really hoping that I could be a Chictopia Style Icon for January or February. After I found out I wasn’t, I was so disappointed and told my hubby I need to work harder to achieve my goal. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean to be awful, but as Napoleon said: “Every French soldier carries a marshal’s baton in his knapsack.”
And, of course, I was SUPER happy when I found out I became one of the latest Chictopia Style Icons for the month of March, because there are so many other awesome stylish Chictopians there, and I believe most of them carry a Style Icon title in their knapsack, too.
2. Do you have any tips for aspiring Style Icons here in the Chictopia community?
Be sincere and loving.
In the beginning, I didn’t really care about the comments that other people left me. I had very bad experiences in some other websites. There are some people saying the same things to different posts, and they really didn’t mean anything. And after a few weeks experience in Chictopia, I noticed there are some very sincere people here and they always give memorable comments and that really impressed me. Besides posting my pictures daily (almost), if I have time, I try to read very carefully about the posts I like right from the first sight, and leave a comment from my heart. I know everybody works hard for every post, whether writing or picture taking and editing. I think leaving a nice and fulfilling comment is very respectable. I know, sometimes I feel I lack the words and all I can say is, “Love it"… heheh…
3. How do you best describe your style?
That’s an interesting question, unfortunately, I’m not able to answer it. I think each person has a little bit of “everything” in their personality and act every way imaginable at some point in their life. Your fashion style is like your personality, it cannot be described in a few words. Like me, I am a mom, my hubby’s baby, my dad’s daughter, my friends’ lovely friend, so, I think my fashion style is idiosyncratic like the others, but it does often lean towards my role style in the life.
4. You’re a stylish mom and being a mother and homemaker isn’t exactly an easy task. How do you make time for your outfit posts while taking care of your son? Do you set a schedule for your blog and outfit posts because we noticed you’ve been posting almost daily and that’s pretty hard to do on a regular basis?
Yes, being a full time mom is really handful most of time. But usually I still have 1-2 hours a day to do my regular posts.
First, I have to thank my dear hubby and my sweet little boy, they really support me in every way, like my hubby taking pictures for me whenever he has time, and my little 3 [almost] years old boy. Most of time he just plays by himself while I am busy and doesn’t bother me at all. Plus, he takes his nap everyday for 1.5 hours, that gives me enough time to edit and post pictures.
Secondly, I have to thank my career before. I was a business woman before I married. I do things with very high efficiency and I work very hard. Plus, this is something I really enjoy and it makes me happy when I read so many nice comments here!
5. We’ve seen some of your gorgeous bags and shoes. Are you a baghag or a shoe-a-holic?
Hmmm… after reading this question, I took a look at the place where I store my bags and shoes, and I can’t explain how can I have so many bags and shoes if I am not a baghag or a shoe-a-holic!?
6. Favorite Bag/Shoe Designers?
There are several bag/shoe designers I like, Chanel, Chloe, Prada, Miu Miu, Jeffrey Campbell, oh, and Zara too. I have many favorite bags/shoes that come from different designers, and I love them all.
7. Do you have any Chictopia Style Icons or fashion bloggers that inspire you?
No, I don’t have just a few specific persons that inspire me, in fact, I got inspiration by almost everybody/everything, and thanks to every lovely Chictopian here, I get so much inspiration from you!
8. If you have to choose 5 favorite pieces from your closet, what would they be?
1. Chanel classic flap bag. It never runs out of age and style.
2. My Balance running shoes. No, you never see them in my post, but I wear them almost every day! In the garden or to the park. I imagine if some emergency happens, I can grab my son and run like the wind with them.
3. One of my floppy hats. It can block the sun for me, and makes me so stylish with a very plain outfit.
4. A white button down boyfriend shirt. They go with EVERYTHING!
5. A nice pearl necklace that my husband gave me when we first met. I met him in Los Angeles when I traveled to the USA. The next day that I left for New York, he sent me this necklace to my hotel in New York. (No, I didn’t marry him for that reason. ?)
Thank you so much to Hallie for giving us this wonderful opportunity to interview such a stylish Icon! So go ahead my fellow Chictopians… check out her photos, visit her page and be inspired!
Have a stylish day!
Cris Zaragoza (Fashion Juice)