Okay…hair on men isn’t something that I notice right away. But something that I learned in almost every situation after a guy gets a haircut is that he’s usually unhappy with it. “It’s too short…”, “It’s still too long”, “They cut it weird…” or a whiny “Mmmmmmahhh”.
One of my friends had his hair cut shorter, and even though I thought he looked more handsome, he of course did not. He was so unhappy that he started talking about shaving it off, hence I threatened to shave my hair off. Har har.
It’s weird, but the hairstyles that women usually find attractive on men are quite the opposite from the hairstyles that men like on themselves. Let’s go over the hairstyles that us ladies love on our guys!
1. The Neat and Tidy: You can never go wrong with the classic hair part and hair that’s swept off to the side with a bit of gel to keep it out of your face. It’s perfect for any occasion and looks classy. Best examples are George Clooney, Ed Westwick and Chase Crawford.
2. The Rolled Out Of Bed: My personal favorite. There’s nothing cuter than a guy who looks like he just woke up and rolled out of bed. No need for gel or hair spray, this is seriously the EASIEST ‘do ever. Guys, you’re so lucky that you can pull this off. Stop thinking it’s a mess because the truth is we think you look cute. A warning though: the messy look does not mean unshowered and greasy. There’s a fine line between rolled out of bed and lacking of personal hygiene! Good: Brad Pitt and Michael Cera. Bad: Robert Pattinson’s old hairdo.
3. The Buzz Cut: This one always takes some getting used to if the guy used to have longer hair—but the more drastic the cut, the hotter it is! Be warned though—the Buzz Cut only goes with pointier faces and unweirdly shaped heads. Best example is David Beckham.
4. The Natural Wave: This one also wins as a personal favorite. Not too short, and definitely not too shaggy. The top of your hair should fall flat, and the back and sides cut shorter. Looks easy to maintain as long as you get trims regularly. Works especially well on guys with some natural curls or waves. If you have a head thick full of hair, you can probably pull it off with some hair product. Good example of this hair is the ever-adorable Michael Cera.
5. The Biebs (before he cut it all weird): Haha! So what if you look like one of the girls on lesbianswholooklikejustinbieber? You’ll get picked on, made fun of, you’ll have to do that emo flippy thing where you thrust your head really fast to get your bangs out of your face. Girls might make fun of your hair too, but the truth is that The Biebs automatically makes you look stylish. Just don’t be too stylish to the point where you’ve been secretly using your girlfriend’s flatiron in the bathroom when she’s not looking. Even though Zac Efron and Justin Bieber are picked on for this hairdo, the screaming fans must mean something’s right. We like hair that does flips. Maybe aim for a more skater hair cut though, not really the Biebs.
Hairstyles we don’t like so much:
1. Faux hawks: Lame. I’d rather see a real Mohawk than a faux one. No wait, I’d rather see neither.
2. Styles that use too much gel: We want to be able to touch your hair…so less hair gel is more.
3. Patterns or words shaved onto the side of your head: This screams immature guy with no sense of style, or the annoying creep at the bars. Or both.
4. Hairstyles that Kanye West has: Unless you’re Kanye West, you should probably not try to pull off his hairstyles.
5. The Blowout: Need I say more?
If you’re a guy who is self-conscious about your recent haircut, don’t worry. Too long or too short, the truth is that us girls just like your face. And there’s nothing that can’t cure a bad haircut like great style so just wear your best outfit!
What do you think ladies? What hairstyles do you like on guys?