Often times we’d hear people tell celebrities to stick to being a celebrity and leave designing to real designers. But that doesn’t keep celebrities from coming up with really gorgeous designs when it comes to fashion. Jessica Simpson’s shoes are a perfect example. But who else are making it big in the fashion industry? We’ve rounded up some of the best celeb fashion lines to date (in no particular order)!
Jessica Simpson Shoes
Who doesn’t love Jessica Simpson shoes? Her shoe designs totally give me the chills. They are genius! Her shoes are so trendy yet classic, chic and well-made… oh and not to mention very wearable! The Chictopia community itself is a living proof.
1. I’ve seen a ton of fashionable ladies wear the Jessica Simpson Dany Shoes and the most popular colors would be the black and tan ones! Even I gave in to this pair of gorgeous shoes! The platform, wood, clog-like feature and colors are all spot on!
2. The Keddar in brown rattle stamped snake leather is a new design for Spring 2011. But I’m pretty sure we’ll be seeing this a lot come the warmer months of the year. It’s another beautiful polished design from the celebrity. It’s a bootie and wedge sandal in one! Who can resist such a temptation?
3. The Bendie worn by Jessica Simpson in the photo is another new design that I can’t help but include here. It’s a gorgeous mix of colors and textures – black leather, white cobra and nude (gray-like) rattle snake. It will surely be show-stopper. I also found a very fun and colorful version at Macy’s which is a mix of yellow-green, deep purple and hot pink!
5. Last but not the least, the Astor is a classic sling back heel but comes in a variety of colors and textures. This one is the tropical green in cobra snake print and is perfect for the coming Spring and Summer seasons.
Nicole Richie’s House of Harlow 1960
For the ultimate Bohemian vibe, we’re hands down to Nicole Richie. She rocks Boho-Chic effortlessly! Her collection, House of Harlow 1960 is the ultimate manifestation of her love of all things Boho-Chic combined with elegance. Let’s take a look at some of her pieces.
1. Tribal print is so hot right now (especially after seeing Proenza Schouler’s Fall 2011 collection). We’re loving this Enameled Tribal Cuff which mixes elegant and classic colors: black, white and gold. Wear this with a one-shoulder LBD for a Bohemian-Inspired night out or even with your crisp white shorts suit for a casual Friday!
2. Boho-chic won’t be complete without feathers but this one is not your typical feather! It’s the Feather Necklace in Gold which puts other feathers to shame!
3. Another gorgeous piece that we’re loving for this coming Spring is the Tribal Locket Necklace which is the perfect matching piece for the cuff we just shared with you. It’s understated yet gives that tribal touch and what’s more is that it’s a locket too! Ahem… can this be a late Valentines Day gift? Calling all significant others! Haha!
4. House of Harlow 1960 is known for using a lot of black resin in tribal shapes and this Black Resin and Stone Earrings is screaming at us! Think about matching this with a floral maxi dress this coming Spring or Summer! Doesn’t it make you smile?
5. Last but not the least, it won’t be complete without the Sunburst Cocktail Ring which is one of the popular pieces of the brand!
Alexa Chung for Madewell
While the line Alexa Chung for Madewell has long been sold out, this is one celebrity designed collection we can’t help but include here. The fact that it sold out pretty quickly is a proof that people loved the collection. Who doesn’t love the Brit fashion icon, right? The collection is infused with Alexa Chung awesome preppyness!
1. The polka dot Annie Blouse is imbued with a ’70s glam-rock vibe. The velvet dot burnout blouse is the definition of downtown cool.
2. Do you remember the Sketchbook Tee? Alexa comfy tees featured playful doodles drawn especially for the collection! There’s also a version of it in a t-shirt dress. Of course, the moment it was released, it quickly sold out!
3. Last but not the least, the collection featured a ton of pretty and preppy dresses just like this Betty Tea Dress in white and blue. It combines fancy and fun in one party dress!
Kate Moss for Topshop
Kate Moss made several collections for Topshop. From 70s-inspired looks to limited edition sparkly evening wear, the Kate Moss for Topshop collection proved to be such a hit.
1. The Limited Edition is one of the popular Kate Moss for Topshop collections that feature shiny gowns and cocktail dresses. It combines elegance and Boho-chic as shown in the maxi dresses with sequins, studs and metallics.
2. Among the most popular pieces from Kate Moss for Topshop were the Bohemian day dresses which featured floral dresses and rompers that you’ve probably seen a lot of celebrities wearing last Spring and Summer seasons.
There are many other celebrities who had their share of success in the fashion industry. Victoria Beckham received a lot of praise in her latest Fall 2011 collection. Justin Timberlake’s William Rast has a lot of great pieces too. And of course, how can we forget the Miller sisters’ Twenty8Twelve Line? What other celebrity lines are you loving? Do share it with us in your comments! We’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to visit my personal blog: My Fashion Juice for more posts by me.