Want to don the perfect nails for a glamorous night? With this Nail Polish DIY you don’t have to spend more than $5 but you’ll get shimmering disco ball nails like Katy Perry.
What You Need
1. Rhinestone Stickers
2. Silver Nail Polish
2. Manicure Set and your base/clear coat
Where I Get Them
1. Rhinestone Stickers are available at most craft stores. I get mine at Michael’s. I buy the Recollections brand as well as the Crystazzi. The Recollections is priced at $1.99. But when they put it on sale, it goes down to $1.49. The Crystazzi, which has 200 rhinestones is priced at $3.99. You can look for Michael’s coupons in the weekly/daily newspapers you get in the mail to get 40-60% off.
2. Any silver nail polish of your choice will work for this DIY. I choose Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Celeb City. They’re only $2 at most supermarkets and drugstores.
1. Clean your nails as you normally would and apply a base coat of your choice.
2. Once dry, apply a coat of silver nail polish. Let it dry before applying a second coat. Let it dry.
3. Make sure your stickers are ready to be applied to your nails. You may need to use a cutter, scissors or knife to separate each rhinestone from each other.
4. Once your nails are dry, apply a top coat on one fingernail.
5. While it’s still wet, start lining up your rhinestones in your fingernail. Start from the bottom row all the way up. Use your tweezers to hold the rhinestones.
6. Once rhinestones have been applied to nails, apply another top coat to secure them in place.
7. Do steps 4 to 6 to the rest of your fingernails and you’re done!
Now, you’re ready to party!
Visit my personal blog for more posts by me.