Some people have a hard time mixing fashion and comfort especially when the temperature starts dropping. So why not take inspiration directly from the streets and other stylish people out and about? Check how these stylish people stay cozy and fabulous!
1. Belted Number
Just look at these fabulous celebrities out in the streets. They are all wearing belts to cinch their coats and thick cardigans. It’s one way to look less bulky during the cold season. We know how outerwear can easily make us look bulky and shapeless. But with a gorgeous belt, you can still give your body shape! Take out the tie that comes with your coat and use a belt instead. Try using a belt in a contrasting color.
- Sarah Jessica Parker used a white belt on her gray cardigan.
- Ashley Olsen used a brown belt on her navy coat.
- Gwen Stefani used a dark brown belt on her black and white coat.
- Cameron Diaz wore a darker camel on her camel coat.
We know how easily a fur, faux or not, can warm us up during the winter. Not only will they keep you warm, but they will make you look fabulous – be it a dress, jeans or leggings you’re wearing! Check out the gorgeous fur coats from Burberry’s Pre-Fall 2011 ad, Victoria Beckham, thehautepursuit and model Georgina Stojiljkovic.
3. Boho for Winter
Winter is already dull and gloomy to begin with. So why not use a colorful or printed coat? What kind of print you ask? How about some Bohemian touch?
- Check out red, black and white number from fellow Chictopian mikyscloset.
- Or perhaps you’d like to take inspiration from the stylish lady that mixes a men’s jacket with a bohemian-inspired scarf. Or perhaps you’d like to mix a red dress or romper with a printed thick cardigan just like constance_victoria did.
- And of course, another New York lady shows of her beautiful ethnic/bohemian coat topped with a fur collar!
4. The Leopard, The Camel, The Cape
Of course, we’re seeing a lot of leopard coats, camel mens coat/jackets, and the cape! They are everywhere!
- Now check out how a stylish New Yorker wears The Camel Coat! She bundled up with a scarf close to the color of the coat and wears a sweater that matches the buttons! And its especially chic that the sweater is showing out at the edge of the coat’s sleeves!
- Lastly, The Cape has been showing up a lot lately. And this stylish lady makes use of a basic black cape and mixes camel colors for a pop of color!
So go ahead and take inspiration from these stylish ladies on how to keep warm and stay stylish at the same time! Happy Holidays everyone!