Your friends and family are from all different walks of life, so why not get them something that reflects their personality? Whether you’re dealing with a fashionista, a music lover, a dude’s dude, or an artist, this gift guide will make that last minute holiday shopping a breeze. If your gift receiver’s personality doesn’t fall into any of these categories, these gifts are still awesome to receive as there is something in it for everyone.
I’ve included 10 items for each personality that are suitable for girls or guys (except the Fashionista list and the Manly Man list). I put a lot of thought into each list and tried to find something everyone would enjoy receiving from at least one of these lists. Christmas can be stressful with all the people we have to shop for but when you get excited about the gifts you give and find gifts that are unique it makes it that much more enjoyable. I had fun putting these lists together and I hope you enjoy reading and shopping for them. Merry Christmas shopping!
The Fashionista: The fashionista list is filled with fun and exciting items that will make any girl fill with joy, especially all of you Chictopians. You may even buy one for your the person on your list AND one for you. Why not? It’s the season of giving!
1. House Of Holland For Pretty Polly Chain Suspender Tights- Asos.com $25.86,
4. Dior Vernis nail polish- Beso 32.99, Party or nail polish obsession, either way this nail polish couldn’t be a better gift for a fashionista that is on top of the trends…especially nail polish trends :)
5. Sequin wallet – Forever 21 $12.50, Purses are great for day but for night a clutch/wallet is necessary. Why not give your outfit some pizazz with this sequins wallet?
6. Juicy Cut out gloves- Ssence $75, Gloves are an excellent accessory and these ones are definitely ahead of their time. Any fashionista would appreciate the gift of these stylish gloves to go with her look.
7. Nylon Street View book- Amazon $16.47, We are always looking to be inspired and the Nylon Street Style book is nothing but that. Don’t know what to wear today? Reference this awesome book.
8. Rebecca Minkoff Stevie Iphone case- Rebecca Minkoff $50, Fashionistas are stylish from head to toe, and lets not forget about phone cases. This Rebecca Minkoff phone case will go perfect with a vintage or designer bag.
Manly Man: Guy’s are generally the hardest to shop for, maybe it’s their inability to say anything but “idk” when asked what they’d like. In my Manly Man’s gift guide I touched all the basis of guy’s interests. Even if they’ve never heard of the features on the list or seen them, they’ll probably like it and you should get it for them anyway.
1. Swiss Army Knife – Swiss Knives Express $16.80, A necessity for any man
2. Translations DVD-Turntable Lab $9, a documentary on skateboarding around the world.
3. Starter shaving kit- The art of shaving $25
4. BevMo gift card- BevMo or your local BevMo $any, For the beer lover, wine lover or even cheese and cracker lover.
5. Vans Classic Vulcanized 106 shoes- Vans or local Vans store $50, What guy doesn’t like a fresh new pair of kicks from Vans?
6. Ninja Turtle ornament- Urban Outfitters $12, A nostalgic gift.
7. The Time Teller P watch by Nixon- Karma Loop $60, A classy watch that any man would appreciate
8. Subscription to Vice magazine- Vice 1 yr $30, Vice is known for it’s interesting journalism and subjects along with brilliant photography which makes it the perfect gift for a guy who likes to read.
9. Bottle opener keychain- Urban Outfitters $8, can’t leave home without one.
10. Supra crew neck sweater- Karma Loop $48, I must admit I’m a proud girlfriend because my boyfriend designed this crew neck sweater for Supra. Besides that factor, I think it’s a great gift because crew necks are really hot this winter.
The Artist: The artist list has all types of gifts for different types of artists such as photographers, painters, sewers and more. Usually artists love anything that is involved with art so you can’t go wrong with the items on this list.
1. Brust set- Dick Blick $33.77 for a set of 5, If your friend/family member is into art and would like to dabble in it, a great starter is brushes.
2. Table top canvas- Urban Outfitters $45, Any artist can appreciate this one AND its portable!
3. Membership to the MOCA- MOCA $75, This gift can apply to any museum near you. A membership is a lovely gift for someone who loves art and museums and is usually fairly cheap. At the MOCA the membership includes: Free admission for 2, discounted weekend parking, 10% off at the gift store, subscriptions to magazines, invites to openings and more.
4. Studio pallett tray for 10 colors, $9.50 + 10 Painting colors $33.99- Dick Blick, These two items make a great gift together, or if your low on the cash one of them is just fine.
5. Holga starter kit- Urban Outfitters $68, Such a good price for a camera, strap, lens cap, manual, 2 masks for format size, flash with color filter, and free film offer.
6. Contemporary Fashion Photographers- Amazon $64.87
7. Large Wrap ring- Tiffany Kunz Etsy Store $95, I met Tiffany Kunz when I attended the Thread show when it was here in LA. She makes all of her jewelry herself (with her assistant), in her house. Each piece is one of a kind and something that any artist can relate to.
8. Design your own book- A&I Books $20-$54 depending on type of book, This website lets you take any set of photos and turn it into a book. They have different sizes to choose from and is a thoughtful gift.
9. Friendship bracelet kit- "Overstock"http://www.Overstock.com $14.09, Who doesn’t love friendship bracelets? Besides that, they make great accessories! have a fun wine night with your girls and make some bracelets!
10. Portable sewing machine- Urban Outfitters $24
The Music Lover: Last but not least we have the music lover which resides in each of us. Music helps us get through life, a waiting room , a drive or even a homework assignment. Why not give it the best mediums of getting into our ears or ways that we can support it? This list has a variety of gifts from speakers to cases for your iPod.
1. The Beatles Complete Chord Songbook- Amazon $16.49, What music lover wouldn’t love the complete chord songbook of all the Beatles hits? Perfect.
2. Kiss ornament- Urban Outfitters $8, A little Kiss around the holidays never hurt anyone.
3. Ear buds- Karma Loop $30, Treat your ears right with stylish and comfortable ear buds…..why not throw in some color?
4, Chill Pill mobile speakers- Turntable Lab $39.95, Not only are these babies great quality but they are sleek and portable too. Any music lovers dream.
5. Tribe Called Quest shirt- Urban Outfitters $24, This can apply to any band or group your giftee loves and is a thoughtful little gift.
6. Incase ipod case- Incase $34.95, What would happen if a music lovers ipod was not protected? I don’t want to know, thats why an Incase iPod case is an idealistic gift.
7. Pink Floyd tee- Urban Outfitters $48
8. Turntable Lab downloadable Credits- Turntable Lab $any, Turntable lab is located in NY and LA but that doesn’t stop all you in betweeners from shopping there. Their online store has everything from vinyl to DJ equipment. A gift certificate can apply to the online store OR their online mp3 store…think itunes. A new twist of the gift of music.
9. Menahan Street Band Vinyl- Turntable Lab $16, You may recognize Menahan Street band from the background music of Amy Whinehouse’s cd “Back to Black”. I put this particular vinyl on here because I think its a type of music that everyone can relate to and enjoy. Whether it’s in the background while your working on a project or if your in your car, this album is major.
10. Record frames- Urban Outfitters 2 for $20 or $15 a piece , Half of the reason why vinyl is awesome is the album art and these frames put it out there for everyone to enjoy. Empty walls? Fill it with vinyl.