Decorating the Christmas Tree is always one my favorite things to do come Holiday Season. But it can be costly to decorate it with the fanciest ornaments you can find in stores. So what about adding free ornaments straight from your closet? This how to guide will help you lessen the Christmas tree ornaments that you have to buy. What’s more? It will show your fashionable and stylish personality in your Christmas Tree! Here’s how!
1. Go to your closet and take inspiration from it. I’m pretty sure, as a lover of all fashionable things, you’ve been keeping some of the fanciest boxes from your beloved treasures – accessories, jewelries, belts, bags, ribbons, bows, etc. Gift boxes from cosmetics are the most ideal! The boxes shown are from jewelries, accessories and cosmetics! Take them out because you will be needing them. Aside from that, don’t forget to grab all the fancy ribbons you’ve got. Silver, gold and multi-colored ribbons will be perfect to decorate your Christmas tree. Those who love and collect designer bags will definitely have a lot of ribbons handy! If you have some gift boxes left from last year’s Christmas, take the fancy ribbons out because they will make a great addition! Now another ornament that you can salvage from your closet are jewelry pouches. What’s even great about it is that it already has a tie to hang to your Christmas tree! Now that you’ve gathered all those fancy little things from your closet, let’s head to your Christmas tree.
2. Let’s now go to your Christmas tree and start adding your free ornaments. This is assuming you have already placed your Christmas balls, etc. and it still looks incomplete. Let’s start with the boxes. Choose only the small boxes like those from accessories. Let’s leave the bigger boxes for later. They usually come with ribbons tied to them. Take an ornament hook and hook one end on the ribbon that holds the box and start hooking it up in your Christmas tree. Do the same for the rest. Now you’ve just decorated your Christmas tree with fancy gift boxes!
3. Now take the fancy jewelry pouches you’ve collected. If they seem too plain, you can buy a thin red, gold, green or silver ribbon and tie it to the pouch to make it more appropriate for Christmas. Once done, start hanging in your Christmas tree!
4. Now take the ribbons. We’re going to cut them. So if there are ribbons you don’t want to cut, then keep them aside. We can still use them later on. But here’s some thought. If you have been keeping the ribbons from your bag boxes, maybe it’s time to put them to good use. After all, where else would you use them for, right? So why not use them to decorate your Christmas tree instead of buying Christmas ribbons from the store? When you’re ready, start making a bow from the end of the ribbon. When you get the desired size or length of the bow, cut the remaining ribbon. Make another bow until you’ve used up all the ribbons. Now take your ornament hook and start hanging your bows in the Christmas tree!
5. Last but not the least, if you have big fancy boxes you want to use plus long ribbons you don’t want to cut, they can serve as decorations under your Christmas tree! In fact, for mini Christmas trees, they can serve as a potter or holder to elevate your Christmas tree. Tie your boxes with the ribbons and place them under your Christmas tree for added decoration!
Now you have just saved a couple of bucks on Christmas ornaments while showing of the fashionista in you! Don’t forget to check out thrift and vintage stores too. They usually have cheap ornaments that you can use to add more fancy things to your Christmas tree. Have fun decorating and Happy Holidays everyone!
Visit my personal blog for more posts by me.