To many, fur is synonymous with luxury, but there’s just as many faux options that will keep you just as glamorous. Shall we also note how cozy a furry coat looks on a blistery cold day? However, for an animal-lover like me, walking into a vintage shop during winter is enough to almost bring one to tears. (It’s happened to me.) So for years I’ve had a skepticism accompanying fur, even that of the faux variety. Some of it looks eerily real! Nonetheless, I’m warming up to the idea of fur – faux, of course – and considering the possibilities of luxurious winter ensembles.
5 Stylish Ways to Wear Faux Fur:
1. As seen in the main photo, Annabeth wears a leopard print faux-fur jacket with a classic outfit. Despite the boldness, animal prints can easily serve as a neutral, so don’t be afraid to be daring!
2. Chictopian barkatt (top left) pairs her warm faux-fur coat with knitted shorts, tights, and wedge boots. Perhaps this is the type of image that comes to mind when one thinks “fur,” but wearing a classic style with modern pieces will keep it from being anything but outdated.
4. Perhaps the most subtle of these options, a faux-fur scarf looks alluring and incredibly cozy. Allaboutthestyle (bottom right) wears hers with an all-black ensemble, looking warm and stylish.
5. A furry hat can make a simple outfit look extraordinary. Take a cue from liina (bottom left) and wear a comfy sweater and leather-look pants with this topper.
For similar options, check out my picks:
1. Sparkle and Fade Faux-Fur Coat, $129 from Urban Outfitters
Though shorter than Annebeth’s, this jacket packs a whole lot style.
4. Cozy-up Scarf, $45 from Madewell
This scarf is equal parts adorable and practical.
5. Faux Fur Trapper Hat, $44 from Topshop
Nothing says winter like a cozy hat.
Will you be trying faux fur this winter?