Less is more… simplicity and clarity always lead to good design. Some embrace the new, others are more attached to the old. Maybe several people in this last party may change groups later on, as they are just confused at the moment waiting to have the ability to embrace these changes.
So here’s an outline of Chictopia’s newest my-account tab:
- The biggest change you may find probably is the fact that your page looks quite empty. Where did all my friends go? How can I look at their newest outfits and is there an option to view those we follow? Your first page will look somewhat similar to image number one; with some default pictures of those you are friends with in the upper bar and those you are following in the lower bar.
With the new Chictopia page you get to choose who you see on a daily basis! You just change the your default setting et voilà (to do this you have to click on the + next to “make this my default view”). It might be fun to follow both your friends AND people you follow this way!!
If you didn’t find it yourself, you need to take a closer look at image number two.
- You may also notice that besides the chic outfits of your friends and users you follow, you are now able to see Chictopian voices. Some of these are people who are not quite ready yet to upload a Chictopian post of their own…
They are not bound to be silent about their own signature style anymore and get to engage more within the community because of this new feature.
- Something that is still the same is where and how you can read your comments, messages and friend requests. Accompanied by a number up to 20, you can see the little + sign shining in his old position. If you click on it, you get to see what people wrote about your latest and older posts.
In order to read your messages or check your friend requests, click on this little plus sign next to “my inbox”.
A little something I discovered a while back, if you go to sent messages, you can see who has read your messages and who hasn’t. The messages that haven’t been read have a bold typing font… (exactly the same as the messages in your inbox)
- Just for those who didn’t know already, if you would like to write your blog posts in bold, italic or you would like to corporate a link, this is how you do it:
bold (place a * before and after the part you want to have in bold)
italics (place a _ before and after the part you want to have in italics)
Remember not to add more than 3 outbound links and/or not to repeat any, as that gives the editors the right to remove your outfit from the style gallery.
- If you have anything else you are not that sure about, make sure to take a look at the new faq section. It contains answers to almost every concern!!
Noticed something else, make sure to let me know. Have fun blogging!!