I love seeing Chictopians and their pets in the style gallery and new photo’s section. Who am I to judge them, when I have a lot of pictures featuring my dog next to me myself. In a way it just always had to be me writing about this phenomena.
It’s a fact that dogs have the ability to provide instant joy and happiness to anyone and that they may add “chicness” and extra charisma to someone’s appearance. To be truly chic and adorable while posing for a photograph or popping out for a quick nightcap you simply need to have a pet.
A lot of diva’s, style icons and chic people know about the extra cachet a pet can bring to an outfit. Some of our ancestors were able to see Jayne Mansfield wiggling down Sunset Boulevard with a Great Dane and an ocelot, they could read about Elizabeth Taylor’s chipmunk called Nibbles and observe Katherine Hepburn walking the streets of New York with a baboon hanging from her neck.
As for this era; Mary Kate Olsen has a Labrador called Luca, her sister Ashley owns a pit bull-terrier mix, Jessica Alba is the happy owner of a little pug and let’s not forget about Paris Hilton and her handbag doggies…
If you are planning on buying a new puppy, you should take your time to choose the right breed, a chic pet is supposed to be in control and should definitely be in a submissive state like Cesar Milan would say (the dog whisperer) .
Some dog breeds, for example the dachshund, have proven to be very chic and adorable in the past. Both Doris Day and Brigitte Bardot owned one of these small dogs with crazy proportions. And it’s not just for us girls; Clark Gable had a dachshund as well, called Commissioner, which used to blank him completely.
As some of you know; I personally own a Dalmatian called Jolie, definitely not one of the easiest breeds out there, but to me that only adds up to her personality. I even read somewhere how I should be careful she won’t turn into a diva (saying one Paris Hilton in the world is enough)… Luckily for me Jolie didn’t turn into one and she is blessed with many positive qualities such as loyalty, a very active state of mind, an excellent memory and a true urge to be loved.
If you are an owner of the cutest handbag dog alive, you may want a hotline to Paris’s range of bling for dogs, thedivadog.com.
Although I bought Jolie a “jacket” against the cold last Christmas, I must say that trend is not for me; I like my dog without too many extras. In other words: less is more…
Chictopians who have proven the instant chicness of a puppy’s charm:
1. lanton – The Duke Lena’s dog Duke towers over her in this fabulous picture, both ever so stylish, they do have the country-feel in common
2. rainbowsandfairydust – Black and White Clare Astra and her dog look very chic in this black and white ensemble, as I said before: dogs have the ability to provide a certain charisma to ones outfit
3. y0u – ecaje&pelo&piel y0u and her dog are both showing off their super long legs, wearing matching colours and sharing a confidential glance with each other
4. starryeyed – Meet my dog Nicole and Darcie share a rather romantic look, both wearing whites and darker shades (in a very soft material, no doubt about that ;)).
5. agogofashion – Hound Dog Jennifer and her doggies are looking very fierce walking the streets of la la land, saying “These boys are my buddies and full of energy…” what more do you need…