Chic People: kisforkani
Chictopia Style Icon, kisforkani, is what you’d call a modern-day bohemian beauty. Her outfits (greatly coveted by Yours Truly) always bear a unique vintage quality, effortlessly combined with contemporary fashion elements.
1. Q: How did you hear about Chictopia and why did you decide to join?
A: I’ve known about Chictopia for quite some time – I remember browsing through other blogs and was really inspired to join and share my own outfits :)
2. Q: What’s your favorite thing about being a member of Chictopia?
A: I love how everyone here is just so lovely!
3. Q: What did you dress like as a little girl?
A: When I was little, I used to let my mum dress me! She would put me in all sorts of random clothes, including…boys’ boxers!! I remember going to primary school in them and was so embarrassed when my friend let me know I was wearing boys’ clothes!! As I grew older, I started wanting to make my own choices and slowly developed my own sense of style :)
4. Q: Your style is so vintage and dainty, yet at the same time you pull of the layered dumpster-chic look. Can you give us some advice on how to simultaneously work these two different styles?
A: Wow thank you! I always find it hard to describe my style but yes I do love vintage and I also love the what you call ‘layered dumpster-chic look’ I am a big fan of oversized sweaters and shapeless clothing. But I try not to look like a giant sack by giving things a belt, or wearing tights! It’s all about balancing the silhouette :)
5. Q: Hardly a Chictopia post goes by in which I don’t see you sporting a fabulous hair bow or hat! How many different head accessories do you own?
A: I am a huge fan of head accessories and am actually about to open my own store selling handmade headbands and hats! I can be safe to say I own almost 20 headbands! I made most of them myself so that’s my excuse for having so many! I also have quite a few hats but not quite 20. My favorites right now are boater hats, cloches, bowler hats, top hat clips and berets of course!
6. Q: What’s your favorite decade or historical time period for vintage clothing?
A: I’m hardly good at decades so I can’t really answer this too well! I like different things from different decades!
7. Q: Your Chictopia pictures have such a romantic golden lighting. What camera do you use?
A: I use a Canon EOS 1000d, but the golden look is actually…photoshopped! Sorry to spoil it for you all!
8. Q: Where do you shop for clothes?
A: Mainly at markets and op shops. Every now and then I do go to the local shopping center to buy something new :) I also like to shop online.
9. Q: Do you have any fashion inspirations or style icons?
A: I am continually inspired by fashion bloggers, particularly French ones! My fave is Typhanie from “Cuillère à Absinthe”: http://c00kies-est-une-cuillere-a-absinthe.blogspot.com/ :)
10. Q: What’s your number one favorite item in your wardrobe?
A: Oh…this is way too hard! But right now, at this very moment…this amazing orange cape/poncho thing I recently thrifted! It needs a wash before I can wear and share it with you all though!
11. Q: Are you looking forward to any particular fall fashion trends?
A: It’s actually spring for me where I live…and things I am looking forward to in spring are probably what the northern hemisphere has just experienced! So clogs, boater hats, skirts, polka dot, vintage blouses and lots and lots of icy poles..!