Chic People: Coconut
Coconut is one of the most memorable fashionistas here on Chictopia! Not only is her shiny auburn Florence Welch-esque hairstyle an attention-grabbing element of her appearance, but so is her plethora of anachronistic and creative outfits.
1. Q: How did you hear about Chictopia and why did you decide to join?
A: Before I begin, I want you to forgive me for my English, it is not the top!!! haha ;)
I decided to join Chictopia when I saw a post about it on Cookie’s “blog”: http://c00kies-est-une-cuillere-a-absinthe.blogspot.com/ , so I decided to try my own luck!
2. Q: What’s your favorite thing about being a member of Chictopia?.
A: My favorite thing is to post frequent pictures of my outfits, and receive positive/negative opinions!
Also, the interest of this community site is that we can constantly learn from other members.
3. Q: How did you get interested in fashion and outfit blogging? What did you dress like as a little girl?
A: I think any self-respecting girl is drawn to fashion! The difficulty is choosing the style that feels best!
As a little girl, my mom dressed me in tights of all colors and different designs!
4. Q: Your style is so eclectic, and represents so many diverse decades! Can you give us some tips on how to mix up different vintage elements in one outfit? What’s the difference between looking creatively-chic and untastefully mismatched?
A: Yes I always try to mix vintage and new!! My ideal is to travel in time!!! This is not always obvious, and often mixes cause "hiccups"… My small personal advice is not to confuse everything and do not switch into the “kitsch” look. Accessorizing an outfit is nice but not too much! Prints, even different prints, need to be consistent! I do not see myself putting tiles with stripes! (Ugg!) Do not wear too many colors!
5. Q: Where do you shop for clothes?
A: I buy clothes everywhere! In the thrift shops, flea markets, eBay, and medieval market in terms of vintage! I also buy clothes from chain stores such as Zara, H & M, Promod, Mango, ASOS, New Look, and Stradivarius. I also buy some French brands such as Naf Naf or Pimkie which just reviewed its collections!
6. Q: Do you have any fashion inspirations or style icons?
A:My inspirations come from the attic of my parents/grandparents and vintage styles of previous decades! I love the Olsen sisters, Alison Mosshart (singer of The Kills), Vanessa Paradis, and Brigitte Bardot when she was young.
7. Q: What’s your number one favorite item in your wardrobe?
A: My favorite item is my black vintage hat!
8. Q: If you could trade places with any famous person (real or not) for a day, who would it be and why?
A: Vanessa Paradis for Johnny Depp!
9. Q: Are you looking forward to any particular fall fashion trends?
A: I am inspired by the fall collections. I see the new pieces and buy some new items! I see myself pairing my little flowered dresses with big wool tights. ;)