September is almost here and as the weather teeters precariously somewhere between really hot and blistering cold, finding the perfect outfit becomes increasingly difficult. That’s why I’ve come up with a few tips on how to make the transition into Fall Fashion.
Keep These in Your Closet
1. Floral Dresses – I still think that floral prints can be appropriate for Fall. Pair them with tights, a leather jacket and some boots to make them season and weather appropriate.
2. Denim Shirts – Perfect for layering, which is what Fall is all about
3. Denim Shorts – With a pair of tights underneath, you can wear these year round.
Add These to Your Closet
1. Cardigan – A loose fitting cardigan is great because you can wear it when the weather is just slightly cool and fit it under a heavy jacket once the weather gets colder
2. Knee-Hi Socks – I scrunch mine down when the weather is still cool, but bring them over my knees when I need more warmth
3. Leather Boots – I just received my Dolce Vita for Target boots the other day. They are perfect for Fall weather!
Take hints from these Chictopians
fierceloverock – Love the way she layered, mixed prints and paired tough boots with a delicate dress.
golestaneh – A trench coat is a classic piece to layer over some basic grays. Neutral colors are good for both Spring and Fall.
lulaandthefrock – Boots, tights and a lightweight jacket are Fall staples worth investing in.
playingwithfire – You can warm up a crochet dress by wearing a fur scarf.