by Roxy Socarras
Bloggers in pink hardhats graced through Lord & Taylor’s new Cosmetics Department at the Ultimate Facelift event. Some like to say beauty is subjective, while I believe beauty products are selective. Let’s just say we have all been there: You buy some pressed powder or mascara at a drugstore, hate it, and then, off it goes in the trash. Not only is it a waste of money but we know all that plastic is not good for the environment! The main theme through the tour of the cosmetics main floor was the personalization of makeup and how accurately you can match makeup to your skin type. Estee Lauder introduced their new Foundation Fitting Room, where bright sunshine like lights allow you to match the perfect shade of foundation to your skin tone. A Mascara Bar was presented by Lancôme, where customers are encouraged to try different mascaras to see if the shade and brush is perfectly suited for them.
Some lucky Chictopian’s won some Clairisonics from Lancôme, a mini facial product that exfoliates and reduces fine lines (not to say any of these lovely ladies had any!) It was great meeting all you bloggers out there and a big thanks to Lord & Taylor for throwing this fabulous event!
Top 5 Favorite Products
1. Shiseido lipstick in Perfect Rouge – Lately, I have had some difficulty putting on my favorite dark purple lipstick. Never did I think I would go to the opposite side of the spectrum and LOVE nude lipstick. The shade is simply perfect and gave my lips a ton of moisture and shine.
2. Fusion Beauty Lip Fusion – To layer on top of my favorite new lipstick. The micro collagen plumps your lips and brings out your natural shade and moisture. Unlike other lip plumps, this one didn’t burn or sting which is a plus if you like to sport a glossy lip on dates. They also had a blush called sculpt diva that minimizes pores and plumps cheeks using amplifat technology, which in itself is amazing.
3. Thierry Mugler Womanity – I have to admit, I am a soap and water kind of girl, but this scent was so sweet and subtle I didn’t mind getting my arm sprayed. What drew me in initially was the beautiful packaging and the fact that you can refill the bottle instead of buying another when you’re all done.
4. Nars Blush Deep Throat – I love a sheer and lovely pink blush and Nars Deep Throat is so light that people think I have naturally pink cheeks, which by the way I totally do.
5. Molton Brown re-charge black pepper body wash – This body wash gave me a kick in the shower this morning. This scent is not for the pretty and sweet, but for the girl who likes to wear her boyfriend’s deodorant or cologne. It’s musky and woodsy which is just what I like.
Make sure you check out Lord & Taylor Beauty online!