As I’ve noticed that Chictopia hasn’t updated its World Ugly account, I thought of offering a nice option of featuring some of the most fashionable chictopians around the world that I’ve encountered and known here in the community. I think one of the best thing about this site is that people from all over the world can share their style and fashion amidst the geographical barriers. For me, I feel like I can live in different countries through what they are wearing and where they buy their clothing and accessories.
The best way to start this feature is to share with some of the most stylish people I’ve known here in Chictopia that live in my current country of residence no less, Canada. I live in such a small city and I haven’t been around different provinces, but looking at these fabulous chictopians have made me realized that I need to travel around the country asap! I love it that somehow even though I’m stuck here in front of my laptop, I can still see and know what’s going on in other parts of the country through what these people are wearing as of the moment.
1. The Haute Pursuit – If you’re looking for the perfect mix of something androgynous but incredibly sexy, you should definitely check out Vanessa’s looks. The latest outfit of this Vancouverite just screams wow! Who would have thought that crochet can be this edgy and fabulous!?! Oh and if you’re going to the Chictopia summit this September, you’re in for a treat since she’s going to be there to meet you!
2. So Fab – Everytime I see an outfit posted by Lily, a Vancouver-based Calgary-raised chictopian, I always think of exactly her username, So Fab!! Her outfits are always sexy without being overtly offending, plus let’s not forget about her shoes!! If I wanted to raid someone’s shoe collection right now, it would totally be her closet!
3. Lydia – Lydia, this warm and cheery chictopian from Abbotsford, is without a doubt one of my sources of inspiration here in the site. For me, she outdoes your typical white, skinny, blonde modelesque girl in terms of her sense of style. I love that she is able to mix her thrift store finds, with her diy pieces and retail store items in one outfit to make her completely stand out in the crowd. Plus, you won’t miss her with that smile!
4. KristaniA – Chictopia has made me not only rediscover my love for fashion, but also has let me get to know incredible people. Kristy from Toronto has got to be one of those that I really turn to when I have a major fashion crisis. I love her practical sense of style. I find that all of her outfits are so easy to wear and straight to the point. She finds the best deals (and for Canadians, that’s pretty neat since ‘It’ items are hard to find and shipping is always terrible for us). I just can’t let this post end without mentioning her in my list.
5. Flattery – One of the things that makes me proud that I’m from Winnipeg is Breanne. The moment I followed her chictopia account, I knew that she would be style icon in no time. If you’re looking for adorable and doll like fashion inspiration with a twist, you should definitely check out her chictopia blog! She’s such a darling and I just know you’ll fall in love with her great sense of style!
I know that there are more Canadian chictopians out there that I didn’t mention due to the lack of space for photos and writing material here. Feel free to comment and tell me who are your favorites since I always love discovering new bloggers in here. Also, don’t hesitate to give a suggestion on the next country that you’d want me to feature!