For me, summer officially began when my Facebook Events was filled with invitations to beach bonfires and pool side BBQs. A new summer means a new swim suit, and this summer, I’m definitely digging the vintage inspired swimwear. Not only is it flattering on all body types, but it’s also a more modest way to enjoy the sunshine. Also I can continue my newfound obsession with polka dots!
1. A one-pice swimsuit can also be worn as a bodysuit like Tsu_rabu- With her straw hat and matching straw beach bag, she is ready to hit the beach and for whatever else comes after.
2. I remember seeing this vintage swimsuit from Tessaboo about a year ago and falling in love. I never really thought one-pieces could look so chic until I saw this. Once I find one for myself I’ll no longer be hiding underneath a t-shirt when I go into the water.
3. Rati stays chic and cool under her hat and in her cute nautical, retro swimsuit.
You can also find a plethora of vintage swimwear on Etsy.
Other tips for the beach:
1. Wearing a dress or a romper over your swimsuit makes a cute cover up when you’re not in the water and it’ll be easy to take on and off through out the day.
2. Don’t forget the sunscreen! Sunburns are not chic.
3. If you’re like me and you hate your naturally wavy hair, putting your hair in a side braid after you get out of the water will keep your hair in place until you can get home and straighten it.