The Uglies editors have recently discussed some fabulous summer trends, including polka dots, primary colors, everything nautical, sheer fabrics, and Parisian chic ensembles. Today, I want to recommend adding the peter pan collar to spruce up your style for summer, too!
I’m a strong believer that peter pan collars are a year-round must-have wardrobe item. But, they can also transform your outfit into a summer chic look! The peter pan collar has been a longtime staple of childrens’ fashions; thus, the clothing piece connotes youth and playfulness. Add a peter pan collar to your look for a little extra fun for summer!
Here are some suggestions for wear:
1. Pair with a fun paisley tie.
2. Off-set a white collar with bright colors in the rest of your ensemble.
3. Wear underneath your favorite sundress.
4. Try detachable collars, which can be found in many an Etsy or vintage shop, which allow better ease of mixing and matching with the rest of your wardrobe.
5. Beaded peter pan collars always add an extra bit of flair.
6. It never hurts to experiment with color; stock up on some different shades of peter pan collared blouses.
7. Have fun and be creative!
Photo 1: mayo_wo, touch of magenta
Photo 2: Cazimi, Sixties Summer
Photo 3: mitzicocoa, glamour nana
For more of my writing and photography, visit my personal blog.