Summer dressing leaves most of us confused, uninspired and hot (literally). The heat makes the thought of layering unbearable and many of us resign ourselves to shorts and tanks for the summer months. There’s nothing wrong with simplicity, but there are easy ways to breathe some delight into your summer wardrobe while staying cool and looking chic. Here are some simple tips for adding a little style into your hot weather staples.
1. A light color palette is refreshing and charming for summer.
2. Nude accessories are the perfect summer staple. Go for beige shoes, bags and belts to embody the freshness of summer.
3. Throw on a breathy vest or a sheer chiffon button down over your romper or shorts.
4. A belted dress and sock combo is interesting and will keep you cool.
5. Go for texture. Lace, eyelet, chiffon and silk are all a great way to add some charming detail to your look.
6. Invest in a light pair of trousers in white, grey or nude for those warm summer nights.
7. Cutoffs aren’t the only form of shorts that work for summer. High waisted shorts are sophisticated yet playful.