One of my favorite trends for summer is “Sheer”. I adore peak-a-boo blouses, sheerchiffon skirts and unlined lace dresses. It’s the most stylish, albeit tricky, way to beat the heat, and when executed correctly it is sexy without being overtly revealing. Here are some of my tips for making this trend work.
1. Focus on using only one sheer piece.
2. Choose appropriate undergarments. Black bras work for nighttime, but nude is better for a day look.
3. Don’t reveal too much skin. If you’re doing a sheer top don’t pair it with an ultra short mini.
4. Don’t over power the look with heavy accessories. Less is more.
5. Keep the outfit light and airy.
6. Don’t be afraid to experiment. You never know what works until you try it.