When summer comes along, it’s the perfect time to go out and about and do outdoor activities that we have missed from the colder months of the year. But as we all know, the sun’s rays aren’t exactly safe. It’s important to wear your sunscreen to give your skin protection. But that’s not all. The one thing most people neglect? The hair – to think that it’s the first thing that gets exposed to the sun’s harmful rays when you step out!
Your hair can be as fragile as your skin. It can get damaged by the sun’s rays and these are just some of the effects:
1. Hair can lose its normal moisture and will look dry and dull.
2. Hair becomes brittle when regularly exposed to the sun.
3. You can also get dandruff because your scalp appears to be very dry.
4. It will also lead to itching and hair fall.
5. When your hair loses its natural oils, hair fall can also be a result.
So what’s the number one solution to avoid this? Wear a hat! Do this especially if you know you’re going to be exposed under the sun for hours. Of course, you will also need to use hair products that help nourish and moisturize your hair. But more importantly, a hat will shield your hair from the harmful rays of the sun.
Visit my personal blog for more posts by me.