It only takes a few seconds of browsing the bloggersphere and Chictopia to realize how trendy maxi dresses are. Yesterday I saw at least 3 on the first page of the Chictopia style gallery alone. This trendiness does not make them any less comfortable and honestly this is one trend I’m all over right now. I was able to get dressed in 5 minutes and with no coffee, a feat anyone who knows me in real life would be impressed by. Think of it as a fashionista’s equivalent to sweatpants. You can easily throw it on and walk out the door without looking sloppy. I am also convinced that maxi dresses are a very versatile piece for summer, just a quick switch of accessories and shoes will transition it from day to night. I know that Coed Ugly has already covered this trend last summer, but since I’ve been wearing mine nonstop since I bought it I thought I’d share some of my tips on how to style them.
Tips for Styling Maxi Dresses
1. Find one that is the right length, longer is better than shorter.
2. Pair with summer heels and socks.
3. Keep the silhouettes simple and streamlined.
4. Pair with short or cropped jackets.
5. Cinch at the waist to create a flattering shape.
6. Don’t over accessorize a patterned or colorful maxi, it’s already a whole lot of look.
6. Pair with some oversized chandelier earrings for a nighttime look.