Today, I’m taking inspiration from three shows I can’t stop watching. And while I could get fashion inspiration from almost anywhere, this way I get to watch trashy television shows while I’m at it.
Whether you love or hate her – or hate to love her – Olivia Palermo is MTV’s The City’s most fashionable femme. Whitney has her days and even Erin can be chic. And well, Roxy Olin’s perpetually oily scalp kind of freaks me out. But Olivia on the other hand is always well put together. Joe Zee certainly got it right when he recruited her as Elle’s Accessories Editor. She does have an eye for picking out accessories, though I can’t say much about her work ethic.
Get the Look
1. Rick Owens Collarless Jacket, $1,222.50
2. Lanvin Beige Dress from the Lanvin Spring/Summer 2010 Fashion Show
3. Fiona Paxton ‘Surat’ Collar Necklace, $300
4. Miu Miu Jewel Scrunch Ballet Flat, $585
5. Kara Ross Nox Python Clutch, $1,020
Emma Pillsbury might be OCD but I have a sneaky feeling that’s the reason why her style is so prim and proper. I’m fairly certain her arsenal of cardigans and pearl strands is never ending. With those big round eyes and perfectly curled hair, Emma’s style is the perfect recipe to help channel your inner prep-school girly girl.
Get the Look
1. Forever 21 Ruffled Handkerchief Top, $22.80
2. J.Crew Crystal Bib Necklace, $150
3. Forever 21 Blair Ruffle Sweater Cardigan, $17.80
4. Forever 21 Metallic Shine Skirt, $22.80
5. Marc Jacobs Ballet Flat, $395
Real Housewives of New Jersey
I’ll admit, my list of Things That Don’t Remind Me of Fashion, Not Even a Little Bit does include “Real Housewives” and “New Jersey” but that doesn’t mean fashion inspiration can’t be drawn from this unfortunate and beautiful trainwreck of television. I love my Real Housewives, especially those feisty broads in New Jersey. Some things to consider when picking out items inspired by the New Jersey Housewives: How fast can you go from sipping champagne to throwing down on a B? If you’re a New Jersey Housewife, the answer better be “pretty damn fast.”