Summer is close to being just around the corner, which means that we’ll have to switch our dressing habits to better suit the weather change. As Im writing this, Los Angeles is a perfect 64 degrees… although I dont know if this is the case for the rest of the world. HOWEVER, this does not mean you can’t be planning for the future! Here are a few tips from me to you for summer dressin’. This is the stuff Im going to plan on having during my summer weeks as much as possible:
- Vintage dresses. Everyone can own that purple and blue floral dress from H+M, you know the one Im talking about. I know, I love it too, but its no fun owning the same thing as everyone else. Step out of H+M and go to goodwill. Or if you really wanna make it easy on yourself, go visit an online vintage store. There are tons (see recommendations below.)
- Fun earrings, it’d be better if they were vintage too. Im kind of done with piling on the bracelets, or necklaces, or whatever. Big, funky (don’t you just hate that word?) earrings are perfect. They add spice (cant stand that word either), spunk (aw man that’s a mix of spice and funk), not to mention, flair (Ill let that one slide.) I just bought a pair of $3 silver grape earrings that are probably the coolest things ever.
- Denim jacket. Preferably vintage too (you can call me the vintage bully, if you want). For when it gets chilly at the beach or something.
- Any type of shoe. This is where you can be flexible. Anything leather always looks beautiful, though.
- Leather belt. Always looks great.
THAT’S IT! Sounds easy right?! It is! You can do this all summer!
Oh, and here are the recommended online vintage stores for your perusal. Ive worked with all of them, so Im 99.9% sure that they’ll be great to buy from.
Whos excited for summer now?!