I received this dress from StyleStalker, an Australian brand that makes the most beautiful pieces inspired by the world’s style icons. It makes me feel so free, kind of like a bird (as you can tell from my first pose)! Designers Sue-Ann San and Rachel Zeilic let me choose a piece from their amazing collection, and as soon as I laid eyes on this dress I knew I had to have it! StyleStalker has a bunch of beautiful body conscious dresses that give Hervé Léger and Alexander Wang a run for their money, but I decided to go for a more oversized shape because it is more my style, and I love the bohemian vibe it gives off. I can so see myself sporting this at a summer music festival. Also, I have been trying to incorporate more stripes into my wardrobe, and this dress is a unique way to do so. The pleated paneling in the front makes for a really cool effect. This dress reminds me of an optical illusion, both in the back and in the front. It is hypnotizing! The weather has been so warm lately – 80 degrees! It feels like spring has already arrived. Luckily, this dress is perfect for the warmer weather!
Please go check out StyleStalker for more fashion-forward designs that are must-haves for your closet! Everything is 50% off! Trust me, you’ll spend hours on there! Thanks StyleStalker!
Oh, and I am wearing one of the headbands that I made a few days ago. This one is made from a pair of black lacey tights from Forever 21. There’s a flat bow in the front that I sewed down. Headbands really do the trick of updating a look instantly. Who knew that tights could be so comfortable to wear on one’s head?
On my blog, I have told my readers 7 new things about me, so I will share them here, too!
1. I just started writing in a journal again, even if it is sporadically.
2. French fries and Lays chips are my ultimate junk food weakness.
3. Two years ago, my career goals surrounded around the the medical field. My sights have shifted since then.
4. I want to write a novel some day. I just need to come up with the perfect plot.
5. In elementary school, I obsessively read The Babysitter’s Club.
6. I was a fashion and editorial intern at Teen Magazine during my senior year of university.
7. I think that Andrew McCarthy is the cutest one out of the 80’s Brat Pack (Rob Lowe is number two). His little tear scene from Pretty In Pink got me.
More at my blog, Nana in Wonderland!