ALL RIGHT. I am not a fortune teller. I have no physic ability what so ever and I would never pretend to know what is coming next in our lives. I certainly have no idea, but I have been asked to make a prediction about the fashion trends of the coming year and, having no ability or crystal ball, have decided to fall on my great talent for resourcefulness (ahem, asking my fellow blogger friends who quite possibly have a way better grasp on this than I do!). Below is a list of tends I SUSPECT we will be seeing much more of in 2010. Granted, the trends I have listed have been with us for a while, but I am anticipating (more like hoping for) an explosion of the following. I have included a few examples on my blog Secondskinstyle.blogspot.com to help illustrate my desperate attempts at verbal picture painting.
1. World or ethnic print dresses, skirts, sweaters, cardigans, and shirts, preferably vintage or hand printed, or hand woven. Mostly Navaho, Russian, Batik, and Indian prints.
2. Sportswear, mesh, loose trousers tucked into boots, sporty jackets, easy shapes, all paired with slick height in the shoe department.
3. A wider acceptance of headwear ranging from more, bigger bows, hats, headbands, head wraps, you name it.
4. An explosion of and wide acceptance of leg-wear in every color, texture, form, including rolled fishnet trouser socks with heels, boots and sandals.
5. Vintage silks and dresses in a bigger way than we have ever seen before.
6. Hair I hope will be brushed out waves, great volume and texture galore.
7. Accessories will show the human hand in its creation. Hand made, intricate metal work, beading, natural stones, earth tones.
So what do you all think? Am I way off base here or left in the stone age? The early adapters and trend setters have been doing these things for years now, but I expect the rest of everyone to fully grasp what’s been going on. Your votes? Suggestions?