Welcome everybody, my name is Philip and I am editor of MaleUgly!
Personal style is something I haven’t had to define, but hopefully the definition will present itself with more posts and photos. Here is what I do know:
1. I wear a lot of solids (color)
2. My days are archived by outfits (remind me of what we were wearing and I’ll most likely remember the conversation we had, the slur in your speech, or the dinner we ate)
3. My family’s fashionable in our own attempts
4. Cartography fascinates me
Anytime I’m asked to write about myself I end up feeling as if I’m posting a personal ad, so here are some additional notes that’ll hopefully rinse you of any sugarcoating:
5. If it has a lid, close it — whether it’s condiments in the fridge or hygienic products in the shower, I like to have caps screwed on and lids closed (I’m not sure why I’m choosing this to share!)
6. I WATCH GOSSIP GIRL =X
7. I worry that I won’t finish school
8. My family is interracial
9. I. CAN’T. STAND. SKECHERS.
10 Are you really laughing? When someone sends “Haha”/“LOL” in IM or text I try to imagine that person really laughing, because s/he probably isn’t (I know I’m not! Usually I smile. Maybe it should be SOL, smiling-out-loud!)
So here’s what you can expect from MaleUgly: posts on fashion, styling and anything ugly (!!!), this time from a male perspective (duh!).
Included is a slightly blurred photo of me in the Mission District (SF) last week wearing a pale blue button-down, cobalt blue v-neck sweater and slim raw denim with suede boots. You can’t tell, but it was so hot I had to buy a t-shirt to change into for dinner!
See, in the city it is unexpected when the weather warms above 70 degrees, and because of this air conditioning is not a norm. Shopping when you’re sweaty is almost impossible; it’s like trying to shop when you have to use the restroom! I KNOW, RIGHT?
So what’s the lesson of the day? Check the weather and dress accordingly.
Editor not-so-in-chief, but-maybe,