Hi there (:
So I’ve been inspired by recent posts here on Chictopia and in magazines to wear shirts over skirts instead of tucked in. I tried to get that flouncy effect, but this is a high-waisted skirt so I think I failed…
1. Plaid Blouse — Urban Outfitters
2. Blue Skirt — Urban Outfitters
I’ve been given the Beautiful Blogger Award by two lovely ladies: Whitney from whit078 and Mel from melongirl13. Whitney always seems to have perfect hair and easy, yet chic outfits, while Mel is always so adorably chic! I’m truly honored.
I love it here on Chictopia. Even on days when I feel extremely silly for posting pictures of myself in outfits that I don’t think are as chic as many of you lovely ladies, you all always make me feel confident and happy about what I wore/am wearing.
So here goes…Seven random facts about me, enjoy! I apologize if this ends up being really long…I get easily carried away…(hey, a freebie!)
1. When I get mad, I clean, furiously (no pun intended). I don’t really know what it is. Something just triggers in my mind like “OMG, what IS this mess?!” To me, cleaning is super relaxing and satisfying once it’s over. I don’t get mad easily though.
2. I’m generally a neat person. Of course there are times when I go days with clothes strewn on the floor and papers cluttered on my desk, but I can’t stand it for too long. I especially hate messy cars, and messy backpacks/binders/notebooks.
3. I love doing laundry. The hamper becomes a sort of time-capsule, and every weekend you open it up and memories with each outfit fill your mind. I am really particular with how I do my laundry though: only my clothes can be in the washer (something about other people’s dirty underwear washing with mine really irks me…), and anything that isn’t underwear or something I want to shrink is hung dry inside. I despise that dried-in-the-sun smell—what’s the point of buying fragrant detergent?! (I love All’s Fresh Rain detergent)
3.5. Once my clothes are dry, they are put in their designated space in my closet, which is too-small, and categorized by color and type. I think I organized my closet on one of those mad-cleaning-sprees…
4. I have many pet-peeves. Among them, girls who unnecessarily wear belts over shirts. Yesterday I saw a girl wearing this wide black elastic belt over one of those Gap (Inspi)RED shirts. Another would have to be sandwiches that are upside down in a sandwich bag. Of course this only only applies to sandwiches with a rounded top, which I consider to be the head so it should be on top, right?!
5. Music, photography, writing and reality TV shows are definitely my anti-drugs. I obsessively collect music. If I hear a song that is good and I’m outside, I will frantically write down the lyrics and look the song up immediately when I get home. I also collect quotes for those times when I can’t articulate myself. There will always be someone or some song that can. I have never missed an episode of ANTM or Project Runway!
6. I am currently a third year at University of California, Irvine. I am majoring in Psychology and Social Behavior, and minoring in Digital Arts. I have no idea what I want to do with my life sadly…I used to want to be a clinical psychologist, but recently, my passion for psychology has extinguished. But I am thinking of doubling in Literary Journalism, so we’ll see how that goes.
and 7. I am still with my high-school sweetheart, who is my first and only boyfriend and I am his first and only girlfriend. Funny thing is…I used to loathe his existence since he was a huge jerk and was infamous for cheating on exams. He stopped cheating for me though (awww!), and now we’re inseparable. Our third anniversary is quickly approaching (Jan. 26). Yay!
I am sure most of the people I want to tag have already been tag, so I tag everyone who hasn’t done this tag. But I do want to take the time to thank a few Chictopians who have shown constant support and encouragement. I honestly wish and hope that one day we can all meet in real life! These people are:
Jasmine (hey, look another freebie :P)