A kind of lazy outfit, but I like the contrast of the lacy ruffles of the dress versus the winter knit. I’ve been practically living in this sweater; it’s so cozy and warm (wool and cashmere).
mwa_mwa gave me this lovely Beautiful Blogger Award and I couldn’t be more thrilled! I’m super excited, and I just wanted to thank mwa_mwa and everyone out there on Chictopia for being wonderful people and bringing nothing but positivity to everyone else on this site and community. I know I’m going to regret writing such a corny sentence but it’s true that everyone here is really too lovely for words! So thank you everyone, and especially mwa_mwa :)
So I guess I’m supposed to post seven random things about me…I promise you, it’s going to be random AND dull. Yes I’m the type of person who tells people my speech is going to suck before reciting my speech :(
1. I’m one of the few Chinese people who can’t speak Chinese. I speak English and English only, but in my defense I write essays pretty darn well. Oh but I did learn German for two years in middle school (forgot most of it) and Japanese for four years of high school. I’m still not fluent.
2. I’m addicted to TV. No kidding, I watch several hours everyday. I usually watch DVDs of old movies and TV shows. Current favorites are The Love Boat, Mary Tyler Moore, and Hawaii Five-O.
3. The first movie I ever watched was Grease. I have very embarrassing baby videos of me jumping up and down on the couch singing to the Grease theme. VERY embarrassing. I don’t know why I’m even writing this…
4. I like to proofread. It’s like my pet peeve to see misspelled words on someone’s Facebook status. I literally comment just to correct their words. Or when people send me texts with misspelled words. Just send me your essays; I’ll proofread them :)
5. Karen Carpenter is my favorite singer and she’s such a big inspiration to me. Maybe it’s her voice, or maybe it’s the tragedy of her life that makes me sympathize with her. I wrote a darn good essay on her freshman year of college, and I never got that paper back or the grade so I’m really curious as to what I got that it’s been bugging me for the longest time but I’m pretty sure the professor dumped it already and I have no idea why I’m still mad about that.
6. Currently into Call of Duty. Yes I’ve become one of the boys…but I love that game. People say it’s not that great on the Wii but it is. Really. Maybe I like running around beautiful graphics and shooting bad guys.
7. I have over 100 pairs of tights. No kidding. It’s too crazy. I don’t even want to THINK or KNOW how much money I spend on tights alone…
And now to pass it on to seven lovely individuals whose style I totally admire and love: