I know I’m one of the lucky people who are already done with school for the year, but for those who may still be suffering through it all, here are a few helpful exam-related fashion tips from Luvjess , one of Chictopia’s most adorable and enthusiastic users (I swear she comments everywhere). She definitely brings up helpful things that I’m too frazzled to remember when exams actually come around. Good luck on exams, everyone, and remember that freedom is near!
It’s the time we all dread – exam week. Sure we all despise the stress of preparing for one, but once it comes to seeing your peers just before entering the oh-so-stressful room, the effects can be traumatizing. Do us all a favour and style it up. Don’t dress as though “I pulled an all-nighter” slob look, instead put together a chic outfit that will provide comfort for yourself, and others around you.
In my school when it comes to exams, almost all the students write them in the gymnasium. The one thing I abhor about this is the heating is turned off and the a/c is at full blast. What a wake up call! SO REFRESHING AND INVIGORATING! (I’m being sarcastic, if you can’t already tell). The temperature difference is quite, shall we say, exhilarating. Here are a few tips for avoid awful experiences:
1) Bring a pair of tights to pull on if you’re wearing a skirt/dress/shorts
2) Cardigans! (They’re great for covering the chairs, especially if you get sweaty thighs from sitting too long, yes don’t deny it, you do!)
4) Wear bright colours to distract from your eye bags (Yellow’s a good choice, studies have shown that it stimulates creativity! What a catch!)
5) Try not to wear too many bracelets, they’ll just get in the way and distract YOU!
6) Bring tissues, seriously, the temperature difference causes some nose dribbles to occur (I learned it the hard way).
7) Do bring spare pens and pencils; the worst thing that could happen is if your pen runs out of ink or if your pencil breaks! You wouldn’t want that to happen, especially if you’re in the midst of writing an essay.
Just because the exams are over and summer is here, don’t forget that you should still dress up, not down. Do NOT, NOT NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT fall into the trap of dressing like a complete you know what (starts with an S ends with a T, and has an L somewhere in between). Mini-skirts and wife-beaters with flip-flops = NO. If I see any of you Chictopians dressed in anything remotely similar to that, I will personally accidentally trip you so you can flash half of the town. Just kidding (but not really). Have an awesome, CHIC summer!
P.S.- Those boots are NOT mine, they’re my friends. I would never own those even if I were shot dead. I only wore them for your viewing pleasure. Hurrah! Lucky you!