While many of us in the realm of Chictopia may associate the dry shampoo with a dopey pose from the ChictopiaTV video, I’m here to show you how to use REAL dry shampoo when you’re unable to wash your hair. The idea sounds icky but it isn’t so bad once you get used to it!
Reasons why you might need dry shampoo:
- get to sleep in a little longer
- simple and easily done in a few minutes
- camping trips, music festivals, etc.
- you’re just lazy
- your water was turned off for some reason (unpaid bills?)
- your bathroom tiles caved in and your shower is currently being remodeled for the next few days
(TRUE STORY: I really did have to use this today because of the last reason!)
Yeah, my bathroom is unavailable so I guess this makes it more true to life! Oh, the things I do for you, Chictopia. Well, I’ll go ahead and walk you guys through how I got ready this morning.
FIVE EASY STEPS:
1. hold bottle 6 to 8 inches away from scalp
2. spray evenly throughout hair
3. let set for a minute or two
4. DO THE DRY SHAMPOO!
5. style however you’d like
And you’re done! I seriously got ready in less than ten minutes today! I guess you could also title this “how to look chic when you’re late for class” haha.
As for the brands of dry shampoo out there, they run the price gamut of drugstore cheap to more than double the price so it depends on what you’re looking for. I have this Psssst one that I picked up at Walgreens for $7 but I have been tempted to go to Sephora and pick up some from Oscar Blandi or Rene Furterer. Oscar Blandi actually makes this really cute travel sized spray that would be great for on the go touch up but it’s $11 so spend wisely.
But seriously, if you can… shower, stinkies! I’m not trying to convince you guys not to shower on a regular basis!!