Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
amethystfaye
Style_council
amethystfaye

hello!
i’m going to the philippines for vacation for two months [march-may]. i haven’t been there in almost thirteen years! i’m excited :]
i was wondering what to bring? or how i should dress, if i need to dress a certain way?
i’m from southern california btw.
i know that it’s hot there and i would bring my dresses/rompers/skirts/shorts shirts and a couple leggings [because i don’t wear jeans anymore]. few sandals and flip flops. swim suits. i tend to overpack, but i heard that there are a lot of cute and inexpensive clothes there so i should make room in my luggage.
what are some things to get there to bring back for my friends and family? what can i do or go?

i’ve heard about this waterfalls restuarant at villa escudero in the quezon province and hopefully i can go!
it looks amazing. has anyone been there before?

posted about 2 years ago
cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

I live in the Philippines. :) We have amazing clubs in Fort Bonifacio and Makait if you feel like partying! You can ask your cousins to take you there, so don’t forget to bring some of your party clothes. :)

I suggest that you also try going to La Union, Zambales or Batangas because they have awesome beaches there. It will be summer time here in the Philippines by the time you get here, so it’s going to be higher than 30 degrees Celsius here! It would be nice to go to the beach or some place cold like Baguio! :D

posted about 2 years ago

amethystfaye
Style_council
amethystfaye

thanks for your input i really appreciate it! :]
i was born in Baguio so maybe we’ll take a trip over there lol
i’ll be staying with my sister and her family there though her children are still young. maybe if my neices and nephews and cousins will come see me, we’ll go clubbing together!
i need to remind myself that i should pack a pair of heels

how big or small of a purse should i be carrying around? because i’ve heard that many people can steal your things lol
i was thinking of a small/medium cross body bag or maybe just a handbag just to carry my camera, sunglasses, hand sanitizer, wipes, and my bug spray thing.

i’d like to buy some clothes there and possibly a few purses and accessories. are there a lot of hello kitty stuff there? my friends and family, including i, love hello kitty! lol
oh and also make up?

posted about 2 years ago

ojacinto
New_user ojacinto is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When ojacinto reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ojacinto

Hi! How was your trip to the Philippines? Did you get to visit Manila? What I love about Manila is that fashion here is a big thing so you can dress any way you like without feeling awkward. Were you able to shop a lot during your visit? :)

posted almost 2 years ago

rj_fernandez
New_user rj_fernandez is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When rj_fernandez reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
rj_fernandez

There’s so many places to go in the Philippines! Fashion is not a problem as you can go in about anything whether you want to layer up or wear something summery. Shopping is also very big here, the shopping malls are a must visit! Just recently, an local online shopping site was launched selling both local made and imported products for your fashion needs! You should check it out! :) It’s awesome!

amethystfaye
Style_council
amethystfaye

hey @ojacinto!
my trip was okay. got so much bites on my legs even when i used off spray! lol the weather was kinda unbearable for me because it was too hot for my liking. i stayed in la union/san fernando area.
the only time i was at manila was when i came and was leaving so sadly to say that i didn’t experience manila that much :[ did little clothes shopping, i brought back home lots of food/goodies haha
i did however went to mall of asia just to have dinner there and i did get a shirt from a store there
now i know when i go back i’ll definitely try to stay at manila to do shopping!

ojacinto
New_user ojacinto is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When ojacinto reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ojacinto

That’s good though that you got to go to a bunch of places. I agree, the weather here does get unbearable but I guess after living here for a number of years you get used to it ;) Yes! Next time you make a visit, make sure to have more time to go around as Manila has so many places to shop! You can get so many good fashion finds in so many different places. You can also try and take a look at this local online website I came across the other day, ZALORA Philippines. Have you heard of it? I got a bunch of cute stuff the other day like vibrant colored bikinis and beachy shorts. You should take a look if you get a chance to! :)

posted over 1 year ago

thatyellowtutu
Style_council
thatyellowtutu

The next time you visit, I suggest that you go to Cebu :) It’s really lovely there :)

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION