SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

Got plans to visit a few factories there, which supply to big names like H&M, Gap, Tommy Hilfiger and so on. The purpose of it is for a paper that I’m working on and also to see that part of the world. Has anyone been there? Or heard anything about that place?

posted over 3 years ago
PurpleDuckling
Style_council
PurpleDuckling

i haven’t been there but it’s near India. i heard they have beautiful beaches too and great tasting food.

posted over 3 years ago

bdgal
Style_council
bdgal

we are from Bangladesh. We do have the longest beach in the world and also the largest mangrove forest. The bangladeshi curry is quite well known, you’d try it:-)

FACT- Over 90% of all Indian restaurants in the UK are actually owned by Bangladeshis:-)

posted over 3 years ago

gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

Cheers, good to know!

posted over 3 years ago

gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

Do you know any nice bangladeshi restaurants in Manchester? Or in Toronto, Canada?

posted about 3 years ago

EmmyAnn
New_user EmmyAnn is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When EmmyAnn reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
EmmyAnn

Bangladesh is beautiful but extremely crowded (it is one of the most densely populated countries in the world) and there is a lot of poverty though the government is trying to work on that. Food is fantastic, as some others have said, and the culture itself is rather unique. They speak Bangla there and you use the Taka as currency. Dhaka is the largest city and is also the capital.
I think that’s all, hope it helped!

posted about 3 years ago

bdgal
Style_council
bdgal

WOW, how do you know so much about it, Emmy? Have you been here?

posted about 3 years ago

sensenotcents
Style_council
sensenotcents

i tried to use them to print tshirts for me, i hear they are CHEAAAP, as in inexpensive.

posted about 3 years ago

bdgal
Style_council
bdgal

Why yes, they are! They export all over the world, also for big names like primark, old navy, h&m, gap, tommy hilfiger….

So, did you manage to get your tees printed then?
posted about 3 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

i have indian friends, and they’ve told me that there’s many factories there, besides india ia a country filled with culture!!! i will go there!!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION