SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tenthousandoutfits
Style_council
tenthousando...

Hi, I am planning a vacation to the states next July but i don’t know where to start.
I am thinking of a 10 days trip to LA and NYC. But I have never been that far before and i would probably be travelling with just a friend. Any tips and advice on accommodation and stuff to bring etc.?

posted almost 2 years ago
discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

It will be hot in July so you might want to pack light summer clothes. Bring good walking shoes because you will be walking in NYC (not much so in LA).

Since it’s just going you and your friends I suggest staying in hotels. If you’re planning on staying in hotels I recommend checking out travel sites like expedia.com, kayak.com, or orbitz.com so you can get the best deals. You can see consumer reviews on the hotels you choose on those sites too.

posted over 1 year ago

MillySampson
New_user MillySampson is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MillySampson reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MillySampson

Depending on how much money you want to spend and how long you have I would advise sticking to one coast. I’m currently living in San Francisco and have been down to Southern California – the OC/wine country/LA and am also going North in January to Portland and Seattle. There is SO much to do here alone that you may feel like you’ve missed loads if you try and split your time too much. However – I do love New York! skyscanner.net is a good site to check flights – along with kayak.com as mentioned above.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION